First crush

Someone threw a squeezed paper at my back.

I turned and he winked at me.

That's Reece, he's really annoying, like damn annoying. I seriously don't know what he always wants from me but I didn't really care. Yeah, he's fuckin' cute, say all you want, that's why those barbie dolls are always drooling over him. I don't really have interest in these boys.

I frowned at him "Reece" I whispered.

I faced front, trying hard to concentrate on what the ugly old witch, Mrs. Hollister was saying. Yeah, she isn't old but her makeup is crap. She freaks me out anytime she comes to class. Maybe, she's meant to be a clown not a teacher.

Another squeezed paper was thrown at my back. I got angry "what the hell is wrong with you?" I yelled.

"Miss Simpson, haven't I warned you all never to make a single noise in my class?"

Here she goes again bringing up those damn rules she set for us.

"I'm sorry ma'am" I grumbled.

The bell rang...

"Thank goodness!" I sighed, racing outta the class, I put a few books into my locker, leaving only a novel in my backpack. I'm addicted to novels, little story books sucks!

"Hey" I recognized that voice.

"Reece, I've told you to leave me alone" I yelled, slamming my locker hard and I locked it.

"Look Alexis, I'm sorry about what happened in class"

"I really don't need your sorry besides that isn't the first time I'm getting shouted at by that freak"

"Freak? you're such a clown" he laughed.

"Really? Am I that ugly?"

"Nahh. You're pretty. I mean you're funny"

"What's funny about that?" I made a serious face.

"Whatever you say, though"

"I have to go" I walked away.

"C'mon, why don't you really talk to me?" he walked after me.

"I'm not interested, kay? Just let me be"

"I..."

"Alexis!" mum yelled, walking towards me.

"I guess that's your mum, right?"

"Get away" I whispered.

"Why?"

"Alexis darling, how many times have I warned you not to stick around with boys while I'm waiting?" I don't remember mum telling me that and also I don't remember sticking around with boys aside today.

"Sorry, it was my fault" he admitted, walking away.

"Mum, why are you always bent on embarrassing me?"

"How? You know I care about you" she smiled, walking to the park. I walked beside her.

"So, how was school today?"

Something strange is going on, this is the first time my mum is asking me about something concerning me. I always picture her and Mrs. Hollister but don't get me wrong, my mum's pretty, I won't say beautiful.

"Worse that usual" I rolled my eyes.

"Is it always that bad?" she got on the backset and I did the same. Thank goodness, the driver came along, I really don't know why I prefer the driver driving to my mum, she's practically a learner though.

"You never cared to ask"

"It's my busy schedule and I'm sorry"

"Why did you have to come pick me up from school today, is anything wrong?"

She looked away "no darling"

I knew something was wrong but 'duh' I don't care "okay"

................................................................................................................................................................

Thoughts of Reece flushed into my head, why am I thinking of him? I hated him since first grade, I mean, I didn't like boys anyway or am I crushing? I know he's cute but he shouldn't get into my head. He just spoke to me today and I'm having this feeling.

"Shove it off, Alex" I whispered, shutting my eyes.

"Alexis, I've been yelling your name and you haven't been answering, is anything wrong with you?"

"No mum, what's it?"

"Kate is downstairs, waiting for you"

"I'd be down in a jiffy" I took a pink high waist skirt and wrapped it around my little waist, a pink top and a pair of white bunny flip flops. I raced downstairs.

"Hey" she smiled.

That's Kate, my best friend. She's not even meant to be, if not for the fact that she lives next doors and probably, she's the only person who made a little sense out of all my friends. Everyone's my friend, even those I don't know about. And also, she's the prettiest of them all, aside from me. I don't use beautiful on others, I always believed I was ugly till I spoke to Reece today, I actually kept staring at the mirror. 

"Alexis, what are you thinking of?"

"It's nothing" I shrugged.

"So, why did you leave me at school today?"

"Mum came"

"Why?"

"I have no idea"

"Wow! So, why did you yell in class?"

"It was that jerk who threw a paper at me"

"Who?"

"Reece" I blurted.

"Huh?"

"I mean let's go to the Reece"

"You're making that mistake again"

"Sorry, the garden" I sighed.

"What's with you and Reece?"

"I don't get it. I think I like him"

"Just like that?"

"He spoke to me today and he's really cute"

"Is this  a dream?"

"Stop it, Katie" I pushed her, playfully.

She giggled.

"How about Kelly?" I asked, like I care.

Kelly's Katie's little sister and the last time she came, she caused a lot of trouble. She never had the opportunity to come over again and that's relieving anyway.

"Kelly's always Kelly"

I laughed "she can't ever change?"

"I don't think so" we laughed.