Chapter 16.

We follow the man into a freezing meat locker, passing through various shipment of frozen meats and hanging dead animals. Granted, everything was frozen to prevent it from rotting, but it sure as hell reeked of organic death and my nose was stinging from the stench.
Ew.
The man halts at one end of the room and stops at trap door in the middle of the floor.
"What you are about to see is top secret." He said staring at us seriously.
"Are you kidding? My entire life is top secret." I scoffed.
"That you are, my dear." He said to me.
Again. Ew.
His comment grossed me out more than the exposure of dead flesh. I rolled my eyes as he opened the latch and walked down a steep stepladder followed by the three older people. Whatever was down there and having all of us together made me feel uneasy so I kept a hand on IronLuck in my pocket and traced it's texture. It felt like Ironhide was with me and telling me that I was ok.
Don't let those punks get the best of you. Keep going. You're safe. If they try to do any funny business, your Ol' Uncle Ironhide's got your back, my little punk.
I smiled as if I could actually hear him and was finally calm enough to climb down the steps behind everyone else. Once I reached the bottom, I noticed how cozy the room looked. I expected some creepy basement with obsession of aliens on a shrine.
Instead, the opposite.

The room had some interior of normal housing. Room, chairs, tv, decorations, some natural sunlight, and books. Lots and lots of book. Piles even, of paper and books were everywhere on outerspace and the extra terrestrial. Obsessed.
I saw plaques of awards and whatnot with the name, Simmons, under them. "Agent Simmons" of Sector Seven.
"Ok, where are those files? Talking about symbols here." The man, Simmons, muttered as he went through all his clutter and pulls out an envelope.
"These look any familiar?" Simmons asked and opened to reveal pictures to Sam, all having various Cybertronian language all over them.
"Where? How?" Sam questioned frantically and took the pages as he sat down.
I waltzed up behind him and leaned over his shoulder to get a better view. Some looked similar to the one's on IronLuck and I pulled the knife, from my pocket, to flash the blade in comparrison. Sam and I studied them in awe.
"Before I was fired, I manage to steal these from Sector Sevon, nearly over seventy-five years of documents. Which points to the fact that the Transformers have been here a very long time." Simmons explained.

"What?" I gasped out loud. "How? I thought they just arrived here nearly two years ago?"

"Ah, so you think little missy. Your little alien 'family' are only the recent ones to arrive. However, their entire kind have been evading nearly from the beginning."
Optimus came to Earth two years before he and the Autobots took me in. From what I understand after being told about Bumblebee, he was here before them as their team's scout to the planet and later, guardian to Sam? So, how long has Bumblebee been here? Other questions I could ask later. Now was the time to focus on what these symbols are and what they mean to stop the Decepticons.
"Archeologists, found those same strange markings on and in ancient ruins all over the planet. All these different places with the same mysterious language. How did they all get there?"

"Aliens."

No shit, Sherlock. I crossed my arms as I listened to the man ramble.
Simmons voice began to distort in my head as I studied the other pictures. It all went from symbols to vehicles that were deemed classified as possible "robots in disguise".
"Do you think any of these old Transformers stayed?" I asked, glancing up and pointed at a random photo.
"Absolutely." Simmons said with quite an eager shiver, too excited for his own good. "We've been reading radioactvie signatures all across, but no one would look into it. Not even after all of my begging and them calling me obsessed."

Because you are, weirdo.

"Wait. I heard Megatron say there was another Energon source when we were hunted and attacked." I nearly choked out, avoiding eye contact with Sam to stop the recent memory replaying in my head.
"Here? On Earth?" Simmons asked. "Another source?"
I only nodded and fiddled with my knife, as it still rested in my hands.
"Yes, the symbols, maps maybe? The ones in my head would possibly lead them there." Sam added and tapped his temple.
"Do your Autobots know about this?"
"Yes, I told them, but also no, the source is before them. Whatever it is, it predates them."
"Like, when we had ancient human civilizations, they had ancient Transformers." I added with a small smile and everyone kind of just stared at me silently.
"What? You didn't think I would go without an education besides training and fighting, right?" I raised an eyebrow. "There's no freebees to do whatever I wanted." I said sourly and slumped myself into a chair.
"As much as I would've loved to."
"Ok? Anyways, the girl's right, but that also means we're cornered." Simmons stated dissappointingly. "Unless, we can talk to a Decepticon?"
What? Hell no.
"I'm sure as any of you, and myself, are not on any speaking terms with any of them,"

"Actually, I am." Mikaela blurted calmly out of nowhere and started to leave the room up the stepladder.
Everyone and I took this turn to stare at her now as she dissappeared out the trap door.

What?!