Kenny Omega: Nervous Birthday Boy

"Is this really gonna work? I feel like I'm about to make a damn fool of myself. Why am I doing this? Why am I doing this?" I panicked.

"I think it's a cute idea." Nick reassured. Matt nods his head.

"Yeah, just a little dinner between the two of you. We'll be right here helping you out." Matt smiled.

"Just stay calm. You got this champ." Cody told.

I sigh heavily and hang my head.

"I've wrestled all around the world, won multiple different titles and talking to a girl I've like has been the hardest thing I've ever done."

Dr. Brit and Adam come rushing in.

"She's coming!" He called out. Everyone starts to head towards the back and of the restaurant while I stand by the door ready to shit a brick.

"You got this Tyson!" Cody gives me a thumbs up. I give him one back and take a deep breath.

I hear footsteps approaching the door. Okay-okay-okay...you got this. Just don't be wired.

In walks the 5'9 beauty that is Y/N. Her smile just lights up the room. The dress dark blue she has on fits her perfectly, hugging her curves-her legs looks great.

"Hey Kenny! Happy birthday." She smiled. She opens her arms for a her and I nervously go in. She pats my back and I pull away.

"Hey, thanks. You look...wow." I chuckle nervously. She smiles back at me and I can feel my cheeks tingle. She holds up a large gift bag.

"This is for you." She hands me the gift.

"Thank you, you didn't have to get me anything."

"Well too late. And not trying to toot my own horn, but I think it's the best gift ever." She looks around the empty restaurant. "Where is everyone?" She questioned.

"Umm turns out everyone had to cancel last minute. So it looks like it'll just be us having dinner. I-if you're okay with that?"

"That's fine. More food for the both of us." She winks at me and nudges me playfully with her elbow. I escort her to the table by the giant windows of the restaurant over looking the stadium.
Being a gentleman I pull out her chair. She smiles.

"That's sweet of you. Thank you." She sits down and I carefully scoot the chair close to the table. I walk around and sit across from her.

"If I didn't know any better I would think this is a date." She teased. I scoff trying to play it off.

"No...no-what? No." The struggle to put together words is gonna be rough.

"I'm just teasing." She chuckled.

I let out a nervous chuckle.

"That kind of sucks though. Everyone canceling all at once for your birthday."

"Yeah, but at least you're here. A-are you hungry? Do you wanna eat something?"

"I'm always down to eat." She giggled. "Is there any staff here?"

Right on cue in walks Matt and Nick with fake mustaches dressed in waiter outfits.