Chapter 2: Ella's Mother

"Ella, it's time to go to bed." 

Ella tucked herself in bed and listened to her mother singing. 

"Lavender's blue, dilly dilly, Lavender's green, when I am king dilly dilly, you shall be queen." 

Ella fell asleep to her mothers beautiful singing. She then dreamed of her dancing with her mother and father. 

Ella's mother and father got out of her room to let Ella fall asleep. 

"I wanted to talk to you about Ella..." 

"Oh... Sure...." 

"As I was saying- Dear? Dear!?" 

Ella's mother wasn't moving. She just stood there, panting as she fell to the ground. 

"Darling! Darling!?" 

They immediately went to town and called for a doctor, as Ella's father went to tell Ella what had just happened. 

"Sir!" 

The father turned around to see a maid. 

"Are you certain you want to tell her?" 

"Yes. I am certain." 

He walked into the room with Ella quietly sleeping, and then looked into her eyes. 

"Ella." 

"Daddy?" 

"Something happened to your mother. Wake up." 

Hearing that, Ella sprung up and dashed outside the room looking for her mother. 

"They took her to town to see a doctor. 

They eventually came back. Ella could hear the door open with her mother and doctor coming. They carried her mother into Ella's room to check on her. 

Moments passed, maybe even the whole night, Ella was very tired. But she wanted to know how her mother was, so she stayed awake. Eventually, she heard her mother wake up and the doctor leaving. Her father then told her to come in. 

"Mother!" 

"Ella... I.... I don't have much time left... I'll have to leave very soon.... but I want you to promise me one thing...." 

"Ok mother..." 

Tears left Ella's eyes.... 

"Whenever things get tough, even if it seems there's no hope, I want you to have courage and be kind. You posses more kindness in your little finger, then most people in their whole body... Ella, have courage and be kind... I don't have much time left.... Just remember.... The promise you made me....." 

Ella crouched onto her mothers lap as so did the father, as they were having their last moments. 

Ella grew up over the years, and tragic events turned into memory....