chapter 14

Like I promised, a new chapter. Be ready for some feels. As an introvert, I am not very good at these things, but I tried 'cause I felt that it was fitting for this chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Harumi watched the clock. Hours ticked by and she had to wait until midnight. Her nerves were getting the better of her.

She was nervous. More than she had ever been before. It was six in the morning. In two hours the oni would come to wake her and Lloyd. She would get a normal breakfast and Lloyd would go to....

The girl shook her head. She didn't even want to think about it. It wasn't natural. Not for him. Not for the sweet boy she had met and fallen in love with, no matter how hard she tried to deny it.

Today, at midnight, the ninja would attack and that was when she had to make her final choice. Betray him and complete the crystal as soon at the ninja entered the castle or fight with him.

But it wasn't a hard choice to make.

When she looked over, she could see his peaceful face. Even as an oni, he looked so innocent while sleeping. Almost all of his face was hidden in the pillow. During his sleep, nothing had changed about him. Lloyd still looked like a child.

How could he become so cruel when awake, but innocent when asleep? Was that another oni thing? If it was, then she didn't understand. Oni had no use of looking innocent. Everyone knew of their destructive nature. But Lloyd was different, an exception. He has always been.

Harumi sighed, snuggling closer. Maybe he would be able to forgive her when this was over. Maybe they could go back to where they started. Where she had played with him. Used him.

She didn't want that anymore. The person she was living with now was nothing like the Lloyd she knew. Not like the one she learned to love. And everyday she was reminded that this had been her fault. Her mistake.

Tonight, it would be over. And tomorrow he would be the person she loved again. Tomorrow he would have to decide if she got to stay with them, allowing her to earn his trust, or if she would go back to prison.

On the day he had come to ask her for help, she had played with him. Again. Used him to get out. Her plan was to let his oni-side win and live with him in this very castle. It had worked. But now that she had it, Harumi didn't want it anymore.

"Please" she whispered, hoping not to wake him. A tear escaped her eye. "Please forgive me, for everything. For today, and those days before. You were right. This isn't what I wanted."