awakening

Just to make some stuff clear beforehand. In this fiction Harumi is still alive. She is in prison and not dead because of that stupid building. Just so no one gets confused. Because she might get a role in all of this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lloyd groaned, when he woke up. He brought a hand to his head and felt it. It felt warm and was pulsating like hell. He could barely remember what happened.

Sitting up, Lloyd realized that is wasn't his best idea. He felt dizzy and the world around him seemed blurry. He was in his room, his bed, but the whole image just didn't appear clear. He blinked a few times, making everything go clear again.

The green ninja stood up and walked into the bathroom. He didn't feel the need to go to the toilet, but he wanted to see what his chest looked like. Before he fell asleep, he could've sworn he saw his father. He was confused and unable to remember what had happened, but now he did.

Walking up to the mirror on the wall, Lloyd pulled his gi down. On his chest was a large mark, right above his heart, and he could've sworn it was spreading.

Looking closer, Lloyd saw something like a moon symbol engraved inside the mark. A purple moon surrounded by darkness. Or in this case: black.

Whatever it was, it could never be good. The oni had done this and he had no idea how to get rid of it. What they wanted was a leader, and by the looks of it, Lloyd was supposed to do that job.

However, he would never turn against his own friends and family. They had taken care of him when he didn't know what to do, or where to go.

Lloyd was ripped out of his thoughts when his stomach gave a growl. Yep, he was hungry. Well it had been a while since he ate something, and he didn't know what time it was.

Sighing, Lloyd walked into the kitchen, turning off the bathroom light on the way. It was silent in the monastery and the others where nowhere to be seen. Either he slept long enough for it to be nighttime or they were gone.

He shook his head. No way that they would go and leave him alone. Not now.

Opening the fridge, Lloyd looked around it. He was hungry, but nothing he saw seemed to satisfy his mind. But there was everything. Cheese, berries, yogurt and other stuff. But nothing he saw seemed good.

"Strange" he muttered. Normally he wasn't picky when it came to food, but this time he didn't like anything.

He closed the fridge again and looked at the counter. Apples were laying around along with bananas and oranges.

Lloyd forced himself to grab an apple and eat it. He couldn't remember a time he despised apples, but this time he did. His body reacted and he had no choice but to spit it out, almost throwing up. Leaning against the counter, the young man breathed heavily.

"What the heck is wrong?" he asked himself. Nothing made sense. Something more was happening. Looking down, Lloyd saw the mark and asked himself if that thing was giving some side effects.

No, he was just fine. He was just having a bad day. It was just the stress, nothing more. He wasn't changing and all was fine. Sensei would surely know, how to get rid of it and then the oni would've done everything for nothing.

He just needed more sleep. Sleep and nothing more. Sleep and- what was that.

Turning quickly, Lloyd sniffed the air. He felt silly but something was smelling delicious. His ears perked up as he heard a whimper. It sounded like a wounded animal. Or maybe something ese.