Chapter 10

Hey everyone. I hope you are all well with the current situation. I'm bored as hell. Nothing to do and I have to go to the doctor all the time. Yeah that's what you get when you're heart transplant and your immune system sucks. But hey, I'm not dead yet and I really hope you haven't lost anyone close yet.

I'm not the most sentimental person but losing people you love sucks, even I know that.

But stay positive. We can do this. Humanity has faced a lot without modern medicine so we can do this too. Stay positive!!!

-----------------------

"What do you mean winning against the overlord would be easier" Jay yelped. "This is still Lloyd we're talking about. He would never do anything to hurt us" he insisted.

"My freaking arm says otherwise" Morro hissed, still clutching his wounded arm.

"We will talk tomorrow. Go to sleep everyone, it is late, and the day was exhausting for everyone" Wu spoke, slowly walking into their home. Just like all the others, he could not believe his nephew would ever do such a thing.

He had a lot of power he knew that very well. But still, this was not like him at all. He could only pray that everything would turn out good.

Harumi briefly watched the old man walk inside before turning back to the large wound on Morro's arm. Lloyd's behavior had turned upside down in just one day. What changed? Was it the present of the other oni that quickened the process? Or was he finally accepting his fate.

She turned to walk back into her own room. Once inside, she layed down in her bed

Harumi shook her head. No, this wasn't it. Lloyd had never been one to ever give up on anything he believed in. Not even her. He had hoped hard and long that everything was a joke. That she would never betray him. Or anyone else.

But she did and killed so many in the process. Not even feeling remorse. Why had he even gotten her out of prison? He didn't really believe her when she said she wanted to help, right? He was just a pawn like always.

The girl turned onto her side, arm resting under her head as she watched the wall that lead to Kai's room. She knew the look he had been giving her, insisting that she would stay close to at least one of them. He was smarter than she gave him credit for.

He never trusted her, not after she showed her trued intentions. Before, well maybe he had a few suspicions, but never said them out loud. She didn't know, nor did she really care.

The important thing was, he was standing in the way, constantly watching her every move.

Closing her eyes, Harumi slowly fell asleep.

"Ow!" the raven-haired teen yelped. Getting stitches hurt more than he expected.

"Forgive me, but I must treat this before it can get infected" the Nindroid apologized.

The wind master sighed, forcing himself to hold still. "Not your fault. I'm just not used to pain anymore. It's been way to many years since I felt pain, didn't even remember what it felt like until now. And I can tell you I don't like it" he chuckled.

Zane leaned his head to the side in thought. He never even realized that Morro must've forgotten how pain felt, or rather: his brain forgot. He had no knowledge over how long the wind master had been a ghost for. He only knew that it had been many years.

"Yes, it will take a while until your brain registers what really happened to your body. Do you remember how long you have been a ghost for?" Zane was careful with his questions. He and the others knew very well that the former ghost didn't like talking about these things. Things that reminded him of all the mistakes he made in his life, and even after it.