Dying To See You !

Miranda woke up in a hospital gown in the cardiac ICU unit. She sat up grabbing her chest as it was tender with a gauze over the sore spot.

Then she pulled down her oxygen tube from her nose. "No ma'am please put that back in", the nurse said walking by to check her vitals.

"What happened?", Miranda said with a raspy tired voice.

"You had a severe heart attack and required immediate surgery upon your arrival to the hospital."

"A what?", Miranda replied with tears in her eyes trying to slowly sit up in bed.

"Try relaxing please ma'am you're going to need all the rest possible. Oh and we called your emergency contact from your phone and your fiancé said he'll be here soon as he can."

Miranda turned away knowing that wasn't true. "What time was that?"

"What time was what?"

"When you or who ever called him?"

"Umm maybe 5-6 hours ago when you arrived. Excuse me ma'am I'll be back I'm being paged."

"Exactly", Miranda mumbled to herself.

She leaned over trying to reach for her purse on the bedside table, but she couldn't reach and it was causing more pain. "Hello can someone come and help me?", Miranda said after hitting the call light.

"Sure is there anything I can bring in for you ma'am?"

"No I just need my purse on the table. I tried reaching for it, but it hurts too much."

"Ma'am please I need you to rest and relax. I'll be right in....okay."

Miranda pouted laying back on the bed gently.

"I have your meds now too ma'am.....here's your purse", the nurse said while placing her purse on the bed.

"Thank you."

The nurse scanned her armband and hung more IV fluids and pushed her medication. "You'll probably be dozing off soon, so please don't try and get up or do anything without calling me first okay?"

Miranda just looked at her very sad and turned her head looking back at her phone and dialed Trevor's number.

As soon as he picked up there was laughter and chatting.

"Hello?", Miranda said upset.

"Yes?", a female voice said.

"Who the hell is this?"

"This is Tracy Chapman, Trevor is unavailable right now."

"Wh-......what the hell are you doing?", Miranda yelled at the nurse as she came in and took her phone from her.

"Do you not hear your monitor going off. I'm restricting you from anything and anyone that can or could possibly stress you out."

Miranda inhaled hard, but the movement of her chest caused pain and she grabbed it. "Ouch!", she exhaled holding over the gauze.

"Fine, but can you at least help me with something?", she huffed and the nurse nodded.

"Can you find a Benjamin Warren for me and tell me how he is doing? He's a patient here.....please! I know it's against policy and everything else, but if you want me to listen."

"Are you really making a deal with me using your own life? And why would your husband be a patient?", the nurse asked confused.

"Huh?"

"I mean your fiancé Benjamin Warren right? He's who answered the phone when I called hitting the emergency contact button. Ooooooh maybe that's why he said he would be here soon as possible because he was right upstairs."