I'm Done !!!!

"Jesus woman, stay in the wheelchair!", her nurse said shaking her head. "Miranda you know you cannot lay like that right after your surgery."

Miranda continued to lay on Ben listening to his heart beat as it matched hers. "Miranda will you listen to your nurse please", Ben slowly asked as Miranda turned her head looking at him. She pulled herself up some wiping her eyes. "I thought you were dead!", Miranda said hitting his chest.

"OUCH!....And not yet", he said rubbing where she hit him.

"Benjamin that's not funny", she said sitting back down into her wheelchair.

"Thank you. I'll give you two some time alone", her nurse said and Miranda rolled her eyes.

"Why you being mean to your nurses and techs? They told me how you've been acting", he smirked.

"Don't be asking about me", she folded her arms and sat back.

"Why not? I miss you!", he reached out his hand for her to hold.

"Why didn't you just tell me the truth Benjamin?"

"Because I knew you couldn't handle it."

"So I look like the type of woman who can't handle this...do I strike you as weak and unstable?"

"No, but when you fell for me I knew it would hurt you more because you had feelings for me."

"Had?", Miranda said.

"Have?", Ben asked.

"Ben I...."

"Miranda why are you here?"

"I came to make things right with you."

"And what does that mean? Say what you mean Miranda, tell me what's on your heart...please", he said seriously looking into her eyes.

Miranda grabbed his hand with both of hers then leaning her forehead down against their hands. "I don't want you to die Benjamin", she sniffled mumbling.

"Huh who's dying?", his doctor said walking in.

"I am doctor and it's okay you don't have to sugar coat anything. I've already came to terms with it", Ben said.

"Well I haven't!", Miranda said still with her head down.

"I'm confused Mr. Warren. Who told you that you were dying? Your xray came back clear and your lungs look beautiful again. I'm just keeping you for observation for the next few days just to be sure. We can even take your IV out today if you want. Technically you don't need it for anything anymore."

"Cancer runs in my family and I recently found a lump about a month ago down there and I already know the outcome. Same thing happened to my father, brother, uncle and grandpa. I'm no different!"

"Wait so you never got it removed, checked out or anything?", Miranda and the doctor both said at the same time.

"No I'm not going through treatment. I watched them all suffer more from the treatment then the damn disease and I just can't go through that."

"Mr. Warren I think you should-....."

"Umm excuse me, but may I talk to him for a little bit alone?", Miranda asked.

"Sure go ahead. I'll be back shortly to examine you and do my assessment."

"Benjamin Warren....!"

"Miranda Bailey!", he mocked back.

"Miranda?.... Now see that my future wife. This is what I expect my first lady to be doing. You're here praying for brother Ben even when you're healing yourself."