Chapter 15: Missing

The Next Day...

Leo's P.O.V.:

"Ugh..., I don't feel so good." I thought as I try to wake up from my sleep.

"Look! They're waking up." I heard a familiar voice say.

I open my eyes slowly, adjusting to the light of where my brothers and I are at. We were in the Lair, laying down in the living room and the guys were also waking up. How did we get back here? None of us couldn't have moved from that fight, couldn't we? All of us sat up and look at each other, wondering what had happened.

"My sons," Master Splinter stood in front of us, "I am relieved that you are all alright."

"Yeah, so are we." Mikey said rubbing his eyes with his fists.

"Good thing that April and I found ya." Casey said.

"But how?" Don asked stretching his arms.

"We got a call from Verena's Shell Cell and we traced it. Luckily we were able to get you guys back here." April said.

I look around and don't see her anywhere, "Where is Verena?" I ask them.

She looked at Casey and had a sad look on her face, "I'm not sure how we can put this, but... she's gone."

"Gone?!" I thought in shock.

"What?!" The guys said at once, being shocked as I am.

"She wasn't with us?" Raph asked.

"No, by the time we got there she was gone." Casey said.

Raph growled, "It had to have been Karai and her goons that took her."

"And that female Dark Bender too." Don added.

"Verena and that El Vira lady sounded like they really knew each other." Mikey said.

"They probably do, but we won't know who she is and what they want with her." Don told him, but looked confused as he placed his hand on his chin, "What I can't figure out is how we didn't see Verena use her Shell Cell?"

"Princess must've done it during the fight when we weren't lookin'." Raph said.

"That explains why we found hers broken." April said and held a plastic bag with Verena's Shell Cell inside, shattered to pieces.

"Great. Just Great. How are we supposed to find her now?" Raph asked getting frustrated.

Master Splinter put a hand on his shoulder, "We will find Verena, but we must all think about how to approach the situation. If we simply just jump into action then our time will be wasted and not get any closer to finding her and her captors."

Sensei is right. All of us have to gather as much information as we can and hopefully we can get a lead somewhere. It just sucks that we don't have much to go on and without her Shell Cell with Verena, we can't track her. All I know is that the Foot and Dark Benders have her for the same cause, but I'm not sure what that could be. From all of the questions and thoughts, I start to get upset, angry, sad, all of these different emotions were filling my mind.

"Leonardo?" Master Splinter called me and I look up, "Are you alright, my son?"

Everyone is looking at me and I sigh, "No. I'm not." I turn and start to walk away.

"Leo-, " Raph put a hand on my shoulder and I quickly pull it away.

"Just leave me alone!" I yell at him and walk away.

I walk all the way to my room and shut the door. My shell is to the door and I go over to the corner of my room. The whole atmosphere seemed depressing. I stare at the concrete wall and I just punch it, out of anger. I am angry with myself over this whole situation. It's my fault that Verena is gone. Some boyfriend that I turned out to be, and I couldn't even protect my girlfriend. I place my forehead on the wall and shut my eyes, trying to fight back the tears. The whole world feels like it's crashing down, my world, on my hands. Everything has taken a big wrong turn.