Chapter 18: Looking Evil in the Eye

Verena's P.O.V.:

"Mmmm... what?" I said slowly coming to.

My vision is very blurry as everything around me looked like a giant blob. It made me a little nauseous. I shut my eyes tight and move my head in a circle to stretch it out. For some reason I feel stiff. I try to rub my head, but I can't move my hands. I start to tug my arms down to me, they didn't budge. There is a slight breeze near my hands and I lift my head up.

"H-Huh?" I open my eyes and see my hands chained to the ceiling. I panicked, "By the Gods!"

I do my best to pull myself free from the heavy chains, but it was no use. I barely moved. I then try to move my legs, but I couldn't. I look down and they were chained just like my arms. If there was any time I would pick to panic it would be now. My mind is racing as I wiggle around to get theses chains off of me. Suddenly, I hear someone laughing; it soon grew into howling like Earth's hyena.

"Who's there?" I ask the voice.

Whoever it is, they continued to laugh.

I growled, "Show yourself, coward!"

A black boot appears in the light. Soon a body begins to show, then a head. The face slowly showed itself to me. My mouth drops a little, recognizing this form. It is the Dark Bender that attacked me with his golem a while back. He stopped laughing and gives me a wicked grin.

"Here I am." He said bowing with his arms out, "I have revealed myself."

"Why you son-of-a-"

"Ah ah ah, I watch what I say if I were you, my dear." He said happily.

"Oh really?"

"Really."

"You don't scare me." I said growling beneath my teeth.

"It isn't him you should be afraid of, Verena dear." A female voice said from behind him.

She comes out from the dark and reveals herself in the bright light next to him. I immediately recognize her giant chest popping out.

"Natla." I growled at her.

"How nice it is to see you finally awake. After all, that is the power of Deathroot." She said while rubbing her dagger with her fingers.

"Deathroot?" I don't believe it, "You drugged me with Deathroot?!" I shouted at her.

She laughed, "Surprised?"

"As if." I said not willing to give her the satisfaction that she wants.

"Hmph." She had an angry look on her face, "You are a very stubborn young woman and that will be your downfall."

"Ooohhh. I am soo scared." I said sarcastically, pushing her buttons.

Then one of Natla's shadow tentacles lashes out and grabs my neck. She walked closer to me with a grin.

"I'm sorry I didn't quite hear you." She said tightening the grip.

I took a short breath, "Do you think that your masters will approve your actions on me?" I ask her and she looks at me surprised, "They will not be pleased."

She runs a finger on my cheek, "In case you have not noticed," She grasps my face with her hand, "I don't care!"

Lightning began to pierce through my body no thanks to Natla. I scream out in pain as it begins to burn my skin from the inside-out. My eyes look over at the other Dark Bender and he sends a bolt of lightning at me, joining in on Natla's fun. By the Gods, these two are going to make my organs burn to a crisp. I try to use my bending powers, but they wouldn't work. Not even my psychic powers were working. The chains must be enchanted by some spell. I'm defenseless. At their mercy. My screams got louder and louder as they howled in laughter. I pray to the Gods for help against this torture.