additional scene #2

He probably shouldn't be even awake right now.

But he was.

With a vengeance.

Over fifty hours of a recon mission paired with the additional stakeout due to people not doing their jobs correctly made sure it was a very long two weeks.

The last stretch had been a bit of an adrenaline rush, a lot of explosions and walking away like a badass even though the combination of heat and leather had him sweating buckets. He hopes that the same high would keep him going for at least another few hours before he crashed for the next three days.

"Buck, you're gonna be exhausted by the time we reach. Can't you push it to tomorrow?" Steve tries his level best to reason with him, knowing that Bucky in particular had volunteered for a lot of the mission assignments when others were too tired or occupied to pursue it.

"She's busy tomorrow. School's got some dance planning committee happening." Whatever your inator was, he could punch a hole through it and be done for the day. "It'll be 20 minutes tops."

"No point arguing with him, Cap. He's whipped." Clint's kinda delirious. He's almost fallen over twice already, Bucky's metal arm being the only thing that stopped it from happening. Maybe Clint's head deserved to hit the floor a couple of times after that comment.

"Shut up." He fiddles with the solar system bracelet around his wrist, shoving all the beads to one side before thumbing them back. Not a very convincing argument but the same adrenaline is starting to wear off faster than could conserve. "I'm not."

"Just go on Tuesday or something. 's not like you wait for the weekend to see her anymore," Clint throws in a rebuttal much to his annoyance. "Didn't you meet her after school that day?"

"She said she was going to hypnotise some birds to go shit on someone." Fuckin' Jeff.

"Yeah, but then you walked her home afterwards."

"It was a part of the negotiation." A trade off, even.

He wonders if the thread that linked all the beads would ever wear out with how much he played around with it, but so far it showed no signs of giving away.

"Negotiation, date, whatever you wanna call it. The point still stands."

"It's your fourth mission this month, bud," Steve interrupts before Bucky's glare burns holes into Clint's face. "You need to relax."

The quinjet takes a sharp turn and Bucky feels like he's gonna throw up. Motion sickness was a rarity, only showing up in cases where his body was on the verge of crumbling due to fatigue.

He takes a swig of water, shoving down any signs of distress. "Swear on Barton's life, I'll take a break after this."

"Motherfucker, I know you're lying." Clint whips around in his seat. "Take it back right now. You're gonna get me killed."

"Maybe you deserve it," Bucky quips back calmly.

"That's fair." Clint pauses. "But I'll take you with me, Jimmy."

Bucky scowls at the nickname. He absolutely loathes it, which gives this piece of shit all the more reason to use it.

"Can you both shut up?" Nat groans from her seat, doing everyone a favour.

"Whose side are you on, Tasha?" Her blonde and begrudgingly admitted best friend asks.

"Whoever pushes you out of this plane in the next five minutes, Clinton." She smiles sweetly at him but it drops abruptly. "Steve, just let him go, he's a big boy now. But you're finding your own way home, Barnes. I'm not picking you up again."