"Take a break, you need it,"

You were tired for sure, running after someone for days can tire you. In the end, you were able to catch the person, you would smile at your co-workers as you sat over at your desk. Your body ached as you sat up straight, you had some reports to finish which was annoying but with over 4 cups of coffee and staying up all night and day you'd be able to finish it before tomorrow evening. More people started to leave and say goodbye as some would groan when they noticed you were still in the office, it was a common thing but you did it so much that your health has gone down to a painful amount. Hours of papers and zoning out was getting bothering, you preferred to move and do something instead of being in front of a screen or some paper for hours on end "I still have 3 reports to go.." You'd gasply groan, upset that you got so caught up with recent crimes you forgot to file them. You expected Almond to be gone already since it was already 4 am it would make sense until you saw him leave his office, you two stared at each other for a good minute until your partner asked you something, "Why aren't you home? It's 4 in the morning kid," He was pointing out the obvious as he walked over to your desk to see what you were doing, you didn't even bat an eye when you answered "I'm working on some reports, but I should be asking the same for you sir," Your eyes were glued to the screen as the light clearly showed how tired you were, this did upset Almond a bit so he spoke what was on his mind, "You should take a break, this isn't the first time me seeing you like this," He did manage to see the other 5 reports as there was six in total, so he hoped you would stop for a minute or two "I'm sorry sir but this is important and if I want to finish it before tomorrow I gotta do it now," You still didn't look at him when you spoke as Almond was just getting more annoyed. He gently took your hands off the keyboard and saved the file before giving you a commanding look "Doesn't mean you have to overwork yourself you're coming with me kid," He was calm but with some demand in it, all because he didn't want you to ruin your health because of work. You nodded, as you followed him to his office. You were placed down on the couch, as told you to lay down, you listened as your body did ease up a bit, "Go to sleep, since I'm able to access your files I'll finish it for you," You smiled at him before speaking "Thank you, sir, you didn't have to do this,"  You slowly drifted off to sleep, as while you closed your eyes you caught a glimpse of him walking over until you felt a kiss on your forehead "Love you Y/n, get a good rest," Almond would whisper so he wouldn't wake you up yet you still heard him giving you a warm feeling you would feel whenever around him, yet this time it was stronger. 

You woke up, it seemed early in the morning as Almond didn't seem to be in the office anymore. Your hair was braided into a bun since yesterday so worrying about messy hair wasn't that big, but people seeing you leave the office was more unsettling until Almond walked in the office, he smiled at you and walked over to you to see if you were alright "I hope you had a good rest and I already finished the report, so you don't have to worry about that," He would sit next to you as he looked through files, he allowed you to look them over with you until you noticed Roguefort Cookie, he seemed to be causing trouble again "What did Rogue do this time?" You asked Almond as sighed "He stole something at a masquerade, guessing he got away due to the costumes and masks," Almond would look through the file until he realized you're a little new to be helping with cases like this "But this is for old-timers like me, so I'll get you when needed for this case," He smirked even though you were his sidekick he did have enough power to make you do a different case "Take care of yourself kid, it'll be needed," Almond told you before leaving. You would nod at Almond before getting up, you smiled when you remembered Almond shared the same feelings as you, as you hoped to get closer with Almond in the future.