Chapter 2- I Loved Him

"WHAT?!" I scream before I feel as if my heart were ripped out of body and shredded into a million pieces.

"I'm sorry we just couldn't help him." Gale says as he looks at me impatiently.

"NO! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! GALE, THIS IS A DREAM ISN'T IT?!" I yell at him while water falls of tears stream down my face.

"Katniss, this is reality. I'm sorry we just couldn't get him out in time. We could only afford to get you, Finnick, and Johanna out in time." He tells me taking a step towards me but he shakes his head and goes back to where he was.

"FUCKING BASTARD! YOU COULD GET ME OUT BUT NOT HIM?! YOU DAMN RIGHT KNEW I WANTED FOR HIM TO LIVE AND NOT ME!" I scream at the top of my lungs. Guards then barge through the door but Gale halts them and they retreat.

"Katniss, calm down.." Gale tells me shooting me strong stare.

"I CAN'T FUCKING CALM DOWN! I LOVE HIM GALE! I LOVED HIM AND NOW HE'S GONE! HE MADE ME FEEL AND.. AND.. NOW HE'S DEAD! BECAUSE YOU PEOPLE WERE TOO SELFISH TO GET HIM OUT!" I cry before collapsing on the floor wanting to beat my head against the cold tile.

"Katniss we did everything we could." Gale tells me raising his voice. But that's when it hit me..

"GALE IT'S ALL MY FAULT! I KILLED HIM! I'M THE REASON HE COULDN'T GET OUT! SO IT'S MY FAULT! OH MY GOD! I KILLED MY FIANCE! GALE I'M A MONSTER! I DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE! PLEASE KILL ME! KILL ME! PLEASE! I CAN'T GO ON KNOWING I KILLED PEETA!" I tell him looking up at him and see his eyes getting watery.

"Katniss, please stop. Or they're going to have to put you down again." He tells me as he approaches and takes a seat on the floor next to me.

"NO GALE! I CANNOT SIT HERE PRETENDING THAT I DESERVE TO LIVE A LIFE! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HIM! I JUST CAN'T! AND NOW HE'S DEAD AND I'M ALONE!" I yell tearing myself apart.

"Katniss." Gale says.

(Flash back)

"Katniss, nobody needs me." Peeta tells me as his hair hangs damp over his head. His magnetic blue iris eyes stare into mine and I see a smile creep onto his lips which make me tingle every time he as much touches them.

"I do, I need you." I tell him pouring my heart out to him wishing there were no more Games for them to play so they could just be together.

His lips then find mine and as his finally move in sync with mine I feel that stirring in me. Just like I did the first time I kissed him. 

(End of Flash back)

"Katniss?" Gale asks me leaning his against the wall and looking at me out of the corner of his eyes.

"I can't do this Gale..." I trail off as my advert to his gun which is in reach of my finger tips.

When he looks away in one hasty moment grab his gun once more.

"Katniss!" He yells as I point it at my temple.

Before I can catch up with what's going on there's a stampede of soldiers at the door with guns all pointing at me. When I look up I see about ten of them but in a second's time one shoots at me and when I look down all I see is a needle planted inside my knee. Before I know it, I'm feeling hazy as my eyes languish and fall to the floor. Before I knock out I hear footsteps around me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okey dokey folks here's a short update for you my friendly feathered friends reading this story. (ps I don't actually talk like that.)

I wanted to update since today I watched a re-run of Catching Fire so that's why I inputted the whole Catching Fire flash back thinger majiger.

Hope you enjoyed my mockingjays.

-Elvidia