chapter 4: i think i want to marry you

A knock came from the door early in the morning. Deidara was still sleeping but Sasori was awake. Even when he took his human form he could rarely sleep. He guessed it was because he felt so vulnerable sleeping, like something could attack him at any time. He preferred to be alert. Deidara on the other hand could sleep 12 hours at a time no problem. The red head went to get the door of their hotel room, bewildered who could be here this early. He shouldn't have been surprised to see the petite girl from yesterday on the other side. "Sasori!" Masahiko greeted, "I remembered you wanted to have a special day for Deidara today."

"Yeah, so why are -you- here?" Sasori squinted. He had wanted the day to be him and Deidara... He hoped this girl didn't plan on tagging along. "Ahhh, I don't mean to intrude!" The girl fretted, "I just wanted to help you prepare. I consider myself a bit of a romantic." She twirled her hair shyly then returned serious. "And I have something I want to tell you, can I... come in for a bit?" Sasori raised an eyebrow then stepped aside, letting her know it was okay.

"Why don't we sit at the table?" Masahiko suggested awkwardly, feeling rude to be bossy in someone elses space. Sasori sat down without -verbal- complaint... He wondered what she was up to, why couldn't she just come out with it? It was making him nervous the more she made him wait. "Sasori... I... don't want to upset you but I feel you should know this..." Her bright blue eyes turned forlorn. The red head was getting irritated. She didn't want to upset him, well she was doing a good job pissing him off. "Come out with it, girl."

After flinching, Masahiko spoke, "Well...When Deidara asked me to check on the baby yesterday... I noticed it was okay, the poison didn't get to it but... it's not doing so well either. I think he may be under a lot stress now and it's affecting the baby." The girl blushed, surprised with herself for being so serious and gloomy. Now she had to tell him the good news! "But don't worry, Master! There's still hope. That's why I wanted to help you today." "He's my boyfriend, I think I know best how to make him happy." Sasori frowned, getting defensive.

Masahiko waved her hands. "I don't doubt you do! But, I know you're the strong silent type... Not that there's anything wrong with that, I find it very charming. It's just that, you love Deidara, but sometimes I think you have difficulty showing it." Sasori squinted his eyes then sighed, "Fine then, help. But I'm just doing this for Dei..." She clasped her hands together excitedly, "I know! That boy is going to cry when we get through with him! Happy tears, of course!" Sasori nodded in agreeance, "So, what's first?" The red head urged, eager to get moving.

"Well, I'm going to need to know everything Deidara likes so I can incorporate it into today. It will impress him and make him feel special that you've listened to him all this time!" Masahiko said cheerfully and Sasori groaned putting his hand to his face in annoyance, "Anything but that..." "Huh?" The girl said shocked, "Why, I don't understand?" "He has this warped idea that art is something fleeting while I believe true art is eternal. Don't you agree?" Sasori's last question sounded like a threat to her but she laughed it off, "Hmmmm, I can kinda see it from both ways. I don't think either of you are wrong. While eternal things can be sentimental and sacred, I also think fleeting things can be beautiful, like fireworks!"

In contrast to her cheerfulness, the red head made a disgusted face, "I don't see the point in something that lasts for so short of time..." Masahiko put a finger to her lip, thinking it through, "I don't think it's so much how long it lasts, but the feeling you wont forget... Either way! You love Dei so you have to suck it up for him!" Sasori squinted his eyes, she had sure gotten comfortable with him... It was only yesterday she almost couldn't say a sentence without stuttering. His personality had always steered people away from him... Had he been doing something different? Maybe it was because of Deidara...

"Why are you willing to go so far to help us?" Sasori asked, utterly confused. Masahiko looked down at her knees, clutching the fabric of her skirt nervously. "I hope I'm not annoying you or being a pest... It's difficult to explain but I have really grown to admire you two... I hope you can think of me as a friend. If not, it's okay too, I just want to help Deidara and I want to see the baby is okay." Sasori's eye brows furrowed in guilt, "I apologize for getting on the defensive... I'm just not one to trust easily..." The red haired girl smiled kindly, "It's okay, now let's get started! First way to make Dei happy is for you to make him breakfast! Because food cooked by your lover is just... so sweet!" The girl gushed over her own idea and Sasori gave her an unsure expression.