chapter 10: marriage

The blonde walked through the temple, blushing slightly as all eyes were on him. They were getting married now, in the place where they first met. Deidara was wearing a white suit and Sasori a stunning black one. It felt a bit much to get so dressed up but they figured they'd only have this day once. The only audience was the rest of Akatsuki- out of the ones who would show anyway and their friend Masahiko- and Eiko of course! Deidara took Sasori's hand once he made it over to him, Tobi humming the "here comes the bride" song to make him even more uncomfortable.

"It isn't like you to be so shy, Deidara." Sasori commented and the bomber just nodded. "Yeah, just wearing these clothes and everyone exaggerating is making me uncomfortable." He shot a glance to Tobi who just cheered from the sidelines. "You better have something sweet to say to me, hm." Deidara squinted his eyes and the puppet nin just chuckled, "Of course. I told you I was the more artistic one." "Pffft, whatever, hm." The blonde said stubbornly. "Mine will be sure to make you cry." "That's not nice, brat." The other male teased. "I mean happy tears."

"Since I'm apparently going to be crying, I'll announce my vows first." Sasori announced to the small group, getting a pout from the blonde. Now if the red head didn't cry he would look like a complete fool! None the less Deidara listened intently, curious what Sasori would say about him. After taking the others hands in his own and squeezing them gently, he began to speak "I promise to encourage your compassion- because that's what makes you unique. You've never given up on me once, even though sometimes I may have deserved it. I may have briefly experienced parently love and I thought I'd never experience love again, never have another person care about me again but you're proof that thought is false." Deidara smiled lightly, feeling touched and happy already at his Danna's kind words. "I promise to nurture your dreams- because through them your soul shines." Sasori smirked then, "I dislike your art, but I'll always support you... I promise to help shoulder our challenges, for there is -nothing- we can't face together. I promise you eternal love and trust- for one lifetime with you could never be enough. This is my sacred vow to you, I love you, Deidara." Sasori then slipped the wedding ring onto Dei's finger.

A few tears escaped out of the blondes eyes and he let himself fall against his lover, resting his head over his shoulder. "Oh Danna! I love you too!" Deidara sobbed. Sasori rubbed his back comfortingly, "Deidara, don't cry... Everyone's watching you." "I know... It was just really sweet of you, hm... But I'm okay." He backed away then and wiped his eyes, smiling lightly. "Thank you, Danna. It made me really happy to hear that. I didn't think of anything in advance, that's just how I am though. You're the most important person to me and I never imagined I'd ever fall in love like this. I promise to love and take care of both you and Eiko for the rest of my life. It was shocking at first, but I'm so glad I could have a baby with you." He turned to Eiko lovingly before back to his husband. "I'll even admit art is sometimes eternal, because I love you and I think our love is art too. I give you everything I have- My Danna, my husband, I love you."

Deidara almost wished Sasori were a bit taller, so he could hide against him and avoid all the stares he was getting now as he put the wedding band on his new husbands finger. The blonde blushed bright red as his Danna leaned up to kiss him, the last action to prove he was his husband. Maybe it were because he was so happy but kissing Sasori just felt so much better than usual. His lips were so soft and gentle, not wanting to take things too far in front of the audience. Deidara kissed him back, full of love and devotion. After the kiss broke, he fell against the puppeteer. "I now pronounce you partners for life!" Masahiko said cheerfully, walking over and handing them their baby. Deidara took her gently, kissing her forehead. "We love you very much, Eiko."

Once the crowd cleared out, Sasori and Deidara sat down by one of the statues in the temple. Holding Eiko in his arms still, the blonde rested his head on his husbands shoulder. There was a lot they left out from a usual wedding ceremony but they thought getting married on its own conflicted with them being S-class criminals. Still, they loved each other and had been looking forward to this day ever since Sasori popped the question at the beach that time. "You were so scared when you asked me to marry you, hm." The blonde chuckled, thinking fondly at the memory. Pouting, Sasori just turned his face away stubbornly. "Yeah? It's not like I ask people to marry me every day." "You better not." Deidara pinched the other boys cheek jokingly before leaning in to kiss him.