A Lost Cat, A New Friend

"I do hope you find your way back home" The wizard said, though this time, I couldn't find him. He was gone, either that or he was invisible again and was simply watching.

The boy shook the dirt off his plain, blue, jeans and his solid white t-shirt, "Keiko?" Felix called out loud, a little uncertainty in his tone. He was completely bewildered. Just a minute ago, he was a cat. Felix simply stood there, studying his new found body. He was a little taller than I was and his skin was a bit more tan than mine. His hair was orange like his fur and just as bushy. I would say he made a pretty good looking person. There were so many qualities that reminded me of Felix, but as my cat; his hair stood up in the back, almost like his tail, his eyes were emerald green, just as before, and his expression just seemed so calm and inviting, even through his confusion, the same feeling I got when I'd hold Felix at home.

"Felix?" It was nothing more than a whisper by the time the name fell out of my mouth. There was a bit of a pause, as we both were at a loss for words. There was so much to comprehend, yet, none of it made any sense what-so-ever.

His eyes were wide with excitement, "Yea, I think so." He replied softly as he shifted his gaze from studying himself, to his surroundings.

"How are you a boy? You were just my cat a few seconds ago." I quizzed. I guess I was going to have to get used to the idea of magic being real for as long as I was in this world.

His nose twitched and his eyes fluttered, "I'm not sure. All I know is that, I am here." He sounded a little unsure, but also excited.

"Do you remember being my cat?" I pressed a little harder.

His head tilted slightly, "Yes, of course I do. You were always so nice to me." He replied, his radiant green eyes gazed into my brown eyes. There was something about him; it felt so refreshing to think I had a friend in this foreign world. If he had done nothing else, the magic man did something special by making Felix a boy.

The thought sank in, "You were my cat." I trickled off as I lost myself to the facts. It was hard to believe I was talking to my cat, who was now a boy, inside a magical land I had never heard of.

He snickered a little bit, then went to lick his hand, but stopped himself just before his tongue hit skin. As if noticing he was doing something cat-like, he quickly withdrew his tongue and slapped his hand together, "I suppose I was, but I'm not now, so what should we be doing?" He asked me. His voice was so mellow and calm. I couldn't imagine being as calm as he was at a time like this.

What were we going to do? I haven't been able to give it much thought. I paced around a little bit as my blood pressure was beginning to level and I could think a little more clearly. There were a few things I knew; I was in a land where magic was real, I needed to return home and I needed the Out-Worlder to do that, and my cat was now a boy.

"I suppose we try and find this Out-Worlder person. Wherever and whatever he may be." The undeniable truth was, I didn't even have a clue as to where to start looking.

Out of nowhere, a familiar voice called to me, "Why it's this way of course." The magic man was speaking but he wasn't anywhere to be found. Immediately after he spoke, a path cleared through the towering blades of grass.

It was frustrating to know that he was still around, watching us, "Why are you still here watching? Where are you?" I called out, hoping to illicit a response. All I received was silence in return, "Well, it's a good a direction as any." I decided after a few moments pause. I was beginning to learn that I shouldn't expect anything from the magic man, he just confuses me.