Chapter 6

Elena's POV

I can't talk. I was taking in the sight of my new home and it's, well I can totally picture myself living in it for a lifetime. This place is so different from the rest. The only thing that makes this place so much perfect is that it's BLUE. Just like my home. I most definitely did not expect a fully furnished and decorated home like this, i mean where is the dumbass colored walls with sparkly high-class shit ? 

I placed the orchids in the living room and decided to take a stroll. The bedroom is so big and isn't fully filled which gives me a chance to decorate it myself and the kitchen too is vast, such a shame that i don't know how to cook something edible. The dining table is big too and making it possible to accommodate eight at a time, now this room is going to be put up for great use, apart from the bedroom that is. I meant sleeping. Only sleeping. 

There is also a bathroom and a walk-in closet with some clothes. I decided to throw the clothes off but then they are all new and pretty good lingeries, so I let it hang back there.  

The condo offers a view of the city from the balcony, which is pretty great, but it is connected to my neighbor's balcony, which makes my palms sweat. I wonder if there is a way to jump into the other home- NOPE, we are not going to do that. Don't do that. Never do that. 

The door bell rang again and I know who it is this time. I opened the door to find Mattias with handful of boxes. Earlier he offered to bring me food from a restaurant below and I didn't have it in me to decline. So, here he is with what I hope is my top up. 

"Do you like pizza?", he asked. 

"Who doesn't ?", I questioned back and got the pizzas from him. 

"Many don't" he argued. 

"Like you?" 

"I LOVE PIZZA" he said throwing glance at the pizzas. 

"Do you want to have some?" I offered hesitantly, "like come in and eat", say no. Decline. 

"Sure, if that's okay with you" he accepted. 

Seriously? Manners is not found in his dictionary I guess. 

I gave him a forced smile and let him in. I stumbled back and fetched some plates and glasses and settled in the table.

 He started opening the pizzas, "This place is nice", he complemented taking a look all around. 

"I know" I replied and we started eating in silence. I don't bother if its awkward or not, all I care about is filling my tummy. 

"So, what do you do for living?" I asked, after my hunger level went down. 

"Killing"

Holy shit ? 

Did he just agree that he is a serial killer? I knew I shouldn't have left him in. God am going to die, where is my phone? Where is John? 

Different kinds of funeral scenes were being played in my mind.  

"Seriously? Do I look like a killer to you?" he wide-eyed. 

"I mean, I know nothing about you so I can only take your word for what it is" 

"Fair enough, but am not one and trust me, if I was one, you wouldn't be still sitting here" came his words with a tone of sarcasm. 

Wow, a lunatic.