S1 E1 - Red Light, Green Light {Part 2}

Now laying in bed exhausted from going around the town and paying for the electricity to come back and some food, Lee Ji-ah was thinking about everything that had happened in the space of a few hours.

As she was thinking, she glanced and stared at the card that the man had given her. She picked it up, looked at the phone number at the back, grabbed her phone and dialed it.

There was a dialling tone going on for a few seconds before someone picked up, a man's voice was heard.

"Hello, who's calling?"

Ji-ah spoke.

"Hi, um, you gave me your business card earlier after you had slapped me many times."

The voice asked.

"Do you wish to participate in the game? If you wish to participate, please state your name and birthdate."

Ji-ah replied.

"Lee Ji-ah, 15th August 2000." (A/N: Btw, I'm pretty sure Squid Game was set in 2019, so she'll be 19.)

The voice spoke again.

"Please wait on your street at midnight and a vehicle will come and pick you up, remember the password or you will not be able to enter the vehicle."

The person told her the password and before she could ask something, the call had ended. She then looked at her phone and saw the time.

11:50am

Ji-ah swore lightly and rushed out of bed, she got changed into some clothes that were not her pyjamas and locked her door before waiting on the pavement at one end of her street. She rocked backwards and forwards on the balls of her feet whilst she waited and soon got impatient.

But as she was about to walk back to her house, a van pulled up with bright headlights. The vehicle stopped right in front of her and the driver rolled down the window, it was dressed in a cerise jumpsuit and a black mask with a white circle on it.

The person asked.

"Miss Lee Ji-ah?"

Ji-ah nodded her head and uttered.

"Yup."

The person asked again.

"Password?"

Ji-ah announced.

"Red Light, Green Light."

After she had finished, the back door slid open. So she entered the van and saw other people asleep, she sat next to a man with blondish hair and put her seat belt on, she then asked.

"How long will it take to the game venue or whatever it's called because if I sit for too long, my arse gets numb and-"

She was cut off by some sort of gas surrounding her, but before she could complain, it knocked her out.

Lee Ji-ah soon woke up when she heard some classical music and felt a bright light shine on her, so she opened her eyes and groaned when she felt drowsy.

But as her eyes opened fully, she looked up to see a metal slab above her. Her eyes widened and she moved her head to look around, she was in a massive room with a shit ton of bunk beds. Other people around her were beginning to wake up too and she sat up, only to see a flash of something she was not wearing before she had gotten into a van.