S1 E5 - A Fair World {Part 1}

As they stepped forward, the other team fell back and Gi-hun's leg went over the edge. Ji-ah's heart dropped, but she continued on concentrating when Sang-woo shouted.

"Pull now!"

Team 4 began pulling as hard as they could again, doing the same as they did before, but with more force as they were adamant in winning.

Team 5 began panicking as they were getting too close to the edge, Ji-ah ignored her burning hands and continued pulling in rhythm with the rest of her team. She decided to add in some encouraging words.

"COME ON, PULL BITCH PULL!"

Several more rough pulls and team 5 went over the edge. As they went over the edge, the rope was getting pulled down with them, causing team 4 to start sliding towards the edge again.

They all crouched and tried their best to hold their ground and Ji-ah looked at the guillotine. She hoped and hoped for it to come down, and when it did, team 4 fell back onto the ground and ignored the screams and thuds of the other team.

Team 4 continued to lay on the floor, completely out of breath and exhausted. Ji-ah breathed out in amusement.

"Well, that was fun."

She continued to breath heavily and concentrated in slowing her breathing. The team was soon uncuffed from the rope and they were now back in the lift.

As Ji-ah looked at her raw red and blistered hands, she could hear a man praying. 240 spoke after everyone was just in silence.

"Hey, dude. Who you think you're praying to, huh? To God?"

The man continued to mutter prayers and 240 carried on.

"You think you made it out of there because of God, don't you?"

She then sighed and bent down to his kneeling height before continuing.

"The reason you're breathing and thanking that nice God of yours is that old man there. And that guy over there who came up with that awesome last-minute trick. You know if there's anybody that you should be thanking, it's them, not God."

The man stopped praying and slowly looked up, he muttered.

"You sad lost soul. What would you say about everybody who was nailed to the cross for our salvation today? They sacrificed themselves for us. We are here, thanks to their blood."

Ji-ah inputted.

"No, we are here thanks to mummy and daddy for shagging each other, or all those other methods of creating a fetus. God had nothing to do with that."

The man ignored her and continued.

"I pray to the Lord on behalf of all us sinners. I gave thanks for their sacrifice, God made a decision to help our team win. That's why we're all here."

240 bluntly stated.

"Bullshit, you killed those guys out there."

The man continued with his praying and 240 asked.

"Oh, if we say some prayers, do we all get to go to heaven?"

She placed her hands together and added.

"I should really pray too if that's how easy it is. Our God who art in Heaven, we worked as a team to send people to your side. And we sent a bunch of them today. And please help us with a whole lot more to be with you. And I hope that from now on-"

She's cut off by Sae-byeok snapping.

"Be quiet!"

240 stopped, but the man continued. She then looked at Sae-byeok and asked.