7

May 2
Kandi's POV
6:45 AM

I woke up to turn my alarm clock off and I didn't feel very well. I wasn't feeling well yesterday but it wasn't this bad. I quickly rushed to the bathroom with the sudden urge to get rid of the contents I consumed last night.

"Kandi, baby, are you okay?" Momma questioned coming into my room to check up on me. I nodded my head as if she can see me. She came into the bathroom and saw me. Mom came behind me and grabbed my hair with one hand and with the other hand, she rubbed my back.

"It's okay baby, let it out." She coached.

"It hurts," I said with tears in my eyes. My stomach and throat were on 100. After about 2 minutes I was done. I brushed my teeth and Mom helped me back in bed.

"Are you feeling better?" She asked feeling my forehead.

"A little."

"Okay, I'll go make you some tea." She said leaving the room. My phone kept pinging cause Casey was texting me.

Case ✨- Where are you at?
Sent 6:45 AM

Case ✨- I'm waiting for you at the bus stop.
Sent 7:00 AM

Case ✨- I'm getting on the bus cause I missed 3 waiting for your ass. 😡
Sent 7:12 AM

Kandi yams 🍠 - I'm sick. I'm not coming.
Sent 7:13 AM

Case ✨- Awwww. I hope you feel better.
Sent 7:15 AM

Kandi yams 🍠- Me too. Collect my homework for me plz.
Sent 7:17 AM

Case ✨ - I'll drop it off later for you.
Sent 7:19 AM

Kandi yams 🍠- I'll send you the address.
Sent 7:20 AM

Case ✨- Is it close to the school?
Sent 7:21 AM

Kandi yams 🍠- Yes. It's like 2 stops after you get off. I'll tell you what stop to get off at.
Sent 7:22 AM

Case ✨- Aii, I'll drop it off later. Love you bestie and feel better. ❤️
Sent 7:22 AM

Kandi yams 🍠- Aii, Love you too. ❤️
Sent 7:23 AM

Case ✨
Read at 7:25 AM

Momma came into my room with tea and some crackers. She sat them on my nightstand and took a seat on my bed.

"I know you probably can't keep anything down but you gotta eat the crackers." She said and I pouted.

"Hey, you have to eat it. I don't want you passing out cause you ain't eat nothing."

"Okay." She kissed my forehead before leaving. I drank some tea and ate one cracker and fell right back asleep.

Toni's POV
7:46 AM

I called Kandi's school to let them know that she wasn't coming to school today.

"Hello, this is Principal McDonald speaking."

"Hi, this is Toni Braxton, Kandi Edmonds mother."

"Hi, Ms. Braxton."

"I just called to say that Kandi won't be attending school today. She isn't feeling well."

"Oh okay, I hope she feels better."