8

Kandi's POV
May 12

I'm finally getting out of this hospital after being in here for a week. The doctors had to make sure that I pooped three times before I was able to leave. I had a lot of visitors on while I was here. Case and her mother came over after school and so did my siblings with auntie Janet and Eissa. My aunt Tamar and Trina came a few times.

Mom and dad stayed with me for the whole week. They only went home to shower and then they came back. I know Nicole was jealous that her fiancée was with his ex but I could care less.

Oh, and they were falling asleep together like they were still married. I took a few pictures to show Denim and Diezel and they said that mom and dad are making our plan easier. I agree.

Right now I was waiting for mom and dad to pick me up. I was dressed in one of moms tour shirts from 1997. I then paired it up with a pair of black sweatpants and my white airforces.

My phone dinged and it was a message from Casey.

Case ✨- Hey, how are you feeling?

         Kandi yams 🍠 - Better, I get to go home today 🥳

Case ✨- LMFAOAOAO ik you happy

         Kandi yams 🍠 - Yep, I miss my bed

Case ✨- 😭😭 when you come back to school?

          Kandi yams 🍠 - Idk. The doctors said that I gotta be home for a while. Probably for another month.

Case ✨- Aww man, I gotta be in this hell hole without you for a month??!

               Kandi yams 🍠 - 🥴 yes LMFAOAOOA

Case ✨- I'm tired of this school already and I just came

           Kandi yams 🍠 - That school will drain you

Case ✨- You ain't never lie

            Kandi yams 🍠 - 😭😭 anyways what's going on with you?

Case ✨- Nothing rlly. Just a lot of homework to do, you know I procrastinate a lot

              Kandi yams 🍠 - Same

Case ✨- Oh and Mrs. Mills gave me a card so that I can give it to you.

          Kandi yams 🍠 - Aww that's sweet of her. That's why she is my favorite teacher.

Case ✨- Mine too. What time are you gon be home?

         Kandi yams 🍠 - Idk. Probably in another hour. My parents still didn't come.

Case ✨- Oh okay just let me know cause I need to call you to tell you the ☕️

         Kandi yams 🍠 - Scorching hot?

Case ✨- YESSSS tongue burning

          Kandi yams 🍠 - OUUU WEEE

I got a text message from my mom and it said that she was a couple of minutes away.

              Kandi yams 🍠 - I gotta go my parents on the way.

Case ✨- Alright get home safe ❤️

          Kandi yams 🍠 - Thx ❤️

I closed my phone before putting it in my bag. A couple of minutes later my mom walked in.

"Are you ready?"

"Mmhmm." I nodded.

"Where's dad?"