Chapter 8: First Love

Sonakshi walked into her and Dev's room

Sonakshi walked into her and Dev's room. She was perplexed about the relationship between Dev and Arpita. She was hurt. Arpita had never told her that she knew Dev. Dev had not mentioned anything about his relation with Arpita either. She looked around the room, searching for her husband who had not yet finished his dinner. She wanted to talk to him as talking leaves no room for misunderstandings.

"Dev," she called out, thinking he would respond.

However, there was no voice that responded to her call. Dev was not in the room. Sonakshi wondered where he would have gone. She tried calling him, but he was not picking up her calls. She decided to go and inform his parents that he wasn't in the room. Sonakshi limped slowly towards Vishal and Ishwari's room. She was about to know, but she stopped herself as she heard the conversation going on inside the room.

"What was the need to show him that invitation, Vishal?" Ishwari asked her husband.

"We are associated with the Saxenas now. The invitation was for the whole family. I had to let him know. He can't stay in his dream world, Ishwari. He should have moved on. He is married," Vishal answered.

"Have you thought about how Sonakshi would feel when she comes to know the truth?" Ishwari retorted, not concealing her anger.

"She will come to know soon. Life is not a bed of roses Ishwari. You and I know that really well. Your son should have realized that by now," Vishal sighed.

"I thought Dev would forget her," Ishwari replied.

"No one can forget the person whom they loved for the first time in their life. He thought he loved her," Vishal said.

"Youngsters use the word love for attraction. They spoil their lives running after the wrong people," Ishwari said.

Sonakshi knocked on the door. Ishwari and Vishal turned to see her. The shock was clearly visible on their faces.

"Sonakshi dear," Ishwari started.

"I heard everything," Sonakshi revealed. She did not want them to make up a story to coax her. She appreciated honesty and expected the same from others.

"We don't want to hide it from you," Vishal said.

"How about you tell me the actual story?" Sonakshi offered, "Dev is not in the room."

"He might have gone out for some fresh air. Dev loved Arpita," Ishwari revealed.

"Does he still love her?" Sonakshi asked, an unknown fear clenching in her heart.

"I don't think he loves her anymore. I feel he is still affected by her presence and her happiness. He still feels that Arpita should not have rejected him," Vishal answered her.

"And what do you think? Arpita made a mistake?" Sonakshi asked.

"I think she did the right thing. If she had pretended to be in love with Dev, it would be a betrayal. She was honest with him about her feelings. It was Dev who was wrong. He wanted to pursue her to make her his," Vishal sighed.