Chapter 10: Gala Time

"Wounds take some time to heal," Sonakshi spoke to a patient as she finished bandaging the girl's hand

"Dr Dixit. We have a surgery case to assist with Dr Ahuja," her co-worker Ashish reminded her.

"I never like the way Dr Ahuja treats us, students. He expects us to be already perfect in all the types of cuts and needle and suture sizes we need for the surgery. I know we need to pre-study but the amount he makes us prepare is exhausting," another student Ritu complained.

"This is AIIMS. We worked hard to get here. Don't you think we need to be perfect?" Sonakshi turned to her classmates.

"Let's go!" Ritu urged her friends and walked out.

Sonakshi and her friends came out of the operation theatre with their Professor, Dr Ahuja, after the surgery. She walked to the parking lot but could not find her car at the place where she had parked it. Instead of her car, she was greeted with the sight of her husband, who was just back from a business trip in South Africa. She walked up to him and hugged him.

"I missed you," she whispered into his ears.

"I missed you too," he whispered back.

"I don't believe you," she said playfully.

Dev moved back to look at his wife. She looked like she had lost some weight. Dark circles under her eyes conveyed that she had been staying up till late to study.

"What should I do to make you believe me?" Dev asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Anything works," Sonakshi smiled.

Dev moved closer to Sonakshi, encasing her in between his arms and the car. Sonakshi squirmed at the intensity with which Dev was looking at her. His intense gaze made her blush as he moved closer to her face.

"An ice cream would be wonderful," Sonakshi pushed him back playfully.

"Are you sure you don't want my soft lips right on your lips as proof?" Dev moved back closer.

"Getting really desperate, aren't we?" Sonakshi raised an eyebrow and now moved closer to her husband.

Dev smiled slightly before placing his lips right on Sonakshi's lips. He pinched her slightly on her back and she opened her mouth and released a slight moan. Dev took this chance to enter her mouth. His tongue explored her mouth. He could feel his wife trying to fight for dominance but was failing. He stopped once he felt Sonakshi would lack oxygen.

"You're a good kisser," Sonakshi confessed after taking in some air.

"You are not so bad yourself. Been almost a year since marriage. 2 weeks left for the wedding anniversary. Let's go on a honeymoon, darling," Dev proposed.

"You want to sleep with me? Don't you already do that?" Sonakshi chuckled.

"I cuddle you, jaan. You know what I want," Dev smirked at her and kissed her forehead.