Chapter 9

I looked that way and saw Ashton.
He took one look at me and recognized me instantly.
"Maddie?!" He questioned in surprise. Then he looked into my eyes and saw fear, my plan was working.
"A-Ashton?... What's going on?..... You aren't one of them...are you?.." I asked.
I glanced at all of them with fear yet curiosity.
Ashton made his way over to me and knelt down in front of me and grabbed the ropes on my hands.
Now I could easily escape this but I was amused at what was happening. Talk about a damsel in distress.
"No Alpha don't! She's a hunter!!!" The female growled.
Out of the corner of my eye I glared at her but I made sure Ashton didn't see it.
Then his face grew serious and he glared at me. "Is that true Maddie?...." He asked me sternly I could tell he was listening to my heart to see if I lied.
Good thing I was taught to control my heart rate just in case this happened.
I made the fear emotion in my eyes make room for truth and I slowed my heart rate down.
"No...it's not true...I don't know what a hunter is...let alone what a werewolf is..." I responded trying silence my cries.
"She's telling the truth...." Ashton said calmly.
I heard him sigh with relief, "good thing you are not a hunter....I was planning to make you my mate...."
I blushed at the sudden confession.
He untied me and picked me bridal style.
Oh crap...father is gonna kill me if I mate to a werewolf....I would dishonor my family's name and all their accomplishments.
"But alpha! She's a human! It's forbidden!" The female suddenly spoke up.
Ashton snarled at her, "I'm alpha So I'll decide what's forbidden and what's not..." He told her in a commanding voice.
She immediately grew quiet and obeyed, her only response was a whimper.
That's when Ashton left the room still carrying me.