Chapter 23

7 months ago.....

My father was at the front of the clan alongside my brother.
"Listen up my clan! Those werewolves have my daughter Maddie captive! We must rescue her at all costs!!" My father yelled.
"Yes sir!!" Everyone yelled
They charged into the pack house slicing the throats of many. My father grabbed ahold of the beta who was growling at him.
"Where's Maddie?!!!" He screamed at the beta.
The beta looked at him in shock, "you'll never get our alpha!!" The beta snarled and charged at my father.
He knew his fate, he knew what would happen...but it was for his alphas...his best friends....
He managed to bite my father on the shoulder causing him to cry out. My brother came to his side and tore the creature off shooting him in the head with silver.
My father had a look of pain of his face and that's when my brother yelled the command, "retreat! Our leader has been injured!!!"
The clan followed and left, what they left behind was a wasteland....every pack member was dead...
Just before the fighting started they moved Maddie and Ashton to a protected area...they knew what was coming...
------
Ashton came out and looked around in horror, all the pack members were dead. Blood covered them and they eyes a blazing white and wide open.
"No....NOOO!!!" He yelled and his tears turned into a waterfall.
He had found his best friend...he protected him..."you idiot..." Ashton murmured...
He couldn't do anything besides bury them. One by one he dug a grave and placed them inside saying a prayer for each one.
He fell to the ground from exhaustion because of all the graves he dug, full of pain and his heart shattered he returned to maddie's bedside...
He waited for her to wake...he wanted answers right away....
--------
My father leaned against the wall screaming in pain. The bite had begun to bleed...black blood...
"Son...my heir...my only heir...come here..." He struggled to say holding his shoulder.
Shocked my brother came to him, "what about Maddie?...." He asked.
"Never mind about her, she betrayed us...she fell for a werewolf and became their alpha...." My father scowled.
My brother had a look of pain of his face then it turned to pure hatred...
"Son...there's something you need to know..." He started gasping for air, the bite would kill him any minute now instead of changing him..
"What is it father?..." He asked
"Don't go after Maddie...leave her be....and there's something you should know...your mother...wasn't killed by a werewolf...I killed her...she was a werewolf...." My father said in pain.
Shock engulfed my brother's face, "how could you?....she was our mother...you betrayed the code...that makes me and Maddie a half werewolf...." He started shaking....
"Son promise me...don't go after Maddie in anger....it's my fault, I have to pay for my sins..." My father said and foam was at his mouth now.
"But-" my brother was cut off..
"Promise..." My father murmured weakly...
"I promise..." My brother stated and now was crying.
After that my father smiled and his eyes rolled back and he grew silent and still...
"No.....FATHER!!!" My brother screamed acting like a child he clung to his cold body.
Some members of the clan started pulling him away, "no! NOOOO!!!!!" He screamed and he tried shaking them off but it wouldn't work...they pulled him away...

Now both of their parents were dead...they lost both of them...their deaths are ironic Huh?....
--------