Conflicts

In the middle of the vast lush green cherishing the cool, windy night; the swaying of trees and rustling of leaves could be heard but not seen, as the encompassing darkness had blotted out all but the haziest light. Vansh was gazing at the sparkling stars in the tapestry of the sky, breaking all his thoughts his phone rang displaying 'Sia'.

"Bhaiyya where we're you? It's been hours since I am trying," Sia complained.

"I was just..." Before Vansh could make up something she put forward.

"Bhaiyya is everything okay there?"

"Huh?......haan everything is alright," he replied

"Your sound doesn't, Do you have any difference with bhabhi or business matters?"

"It's nothing sia...."

"Bhaaii" she sighed.

"Just answer me sia, if someone lays two options before you, either choose your life over your reason to live or choose lifeline leaving your life behind, what would you choose?"

"Bhaiyya when we're kids Maa always used to say that Our life runs upon the question What? If we have an answer then we'll be racing to win an interesting game if we don't have an answer it'll be a forced timepass and will feel bored. And living without any reason is like sleeping in a comatose stage."

"Hmm...Sia, I'll call you later,"

"Bhaiyya...bhabhi......." Before Sia could say something he hung the phone.

All Raisinghanias were worried about Vansh. Angre was busy calling, the whole family looked like wreaking havoc. Sensing Vansh's presence they had a sigh of relief. Dadi ran towards him, he simply stopped her from touching him which wasn't a shock for her. Her face frowned and her eyes were nervous.

"Dadi, lockdown is no more doesn't mean Corona is no more. I came from outside what if Corona also came along. Let me have a good bath then you can hug me till the end," Saying this he moved towards the bathroom.

Everyone was in awe, his calmness was indicating them about some bombardment ready to blow up inside him.

After finishing his bath he came out only to find everyone staring at him. He shrugged asking what.

"Bhai, why are you behaving weirdly?" Ishani put forwarded.

"Ishani, we no more live in that luxurious VR mansion where sanitizing gateway welcomes us and servants keeps sterilizing and disinfecting our belongings. Now we are having a middle-class life and none is there other than us. and Dadi is sick,"

He paused for a second and continued,

"Come, I had bought some kulfis and khalagattas,"

"Bhai," Angre tried to intervene.

"Angre, Ishani will be with you forever grant us siblings spend some quality moments," he said with a playful smile and took both Aryan and Ishani with him.

"Do you guys recall, in our childhood whenever we had to go for an exile we used to spend our nights like this, on the rooftop with four siblings, kulfis, stars, moon and plenty of chats," Vansh chuckled.

"And bhai, you remember Aryan used to believe Moon to be a lollipop of a giant living in the sky and that giant took almost 1-2 days to take a bite," Ishani laughed uncontrollably

"Ishani year, that day I just came after reading Jack and the beanstalk," he rolled his eyes.

"Sia used to count those stars, while you believed those stars to be the diamonds of Chachi's bracelet," Vansh laughed at Ishani.

"And Vansh Bhai used to believe the sky to be one arm distance from us, where we can climb through a ladder" Aryan said recalling.

"Our childhood was awesome!" Ishani commented.

"Indeed it was! As we got matured together, the distance between us also grew along," Vansh remarked

Both Aryan and Ishani remained an uncomfortable eerie of silence. It was true though, as they grew up together the feeling of insecurity and envy crawled their naivety and kindness tearing them apart. They both felt a wave of guilt hit their soul. Making them shudder their thoughts. Aryan was the first one to step forward to lock his arms around Vansh. They shared a lengthy brotherhood hug along with Ishani. It would've lasted forever if it wasn't interrupted by Angre.

"Bhai, Dadi send a call for you," Angre informed.

Vansh Excused himself and left from there stepping towards Dadi.

"Dadi had your medicines," he asked coolly

"Vansh, I need to talk with you," Dadi announced.

"Haan dadi bolo, " he responded.

"Vansh I know a storm is ready to explode inside you, but your calm is making me apprehensive," she said in her concerned voice.

"Dadi, hurricanes come and hurricanes go
But men should live on.
And we should follow that," he said plastering a smile on his face.

Dadi caressed his face in affection, worries were visible in her eyes.
Vansh then strides towards the balcony to approach the Chachu standing near the hearth spectating the busy city life.

"Chachu," Vansh let out.

"Haan Vansh Beta, " Chachu responded to him.

"How are you going," he tried to start a conversation.

"Great, single floor 3BhK witnessing how busy the life is, " he stated.

"Are you mad at me?," Vansh queried.

"No Vansh, this is great. I mean at least Aryan and Chanchal gets to discover life isn't something inside that posh decorated brick box," He commented.

"Hmm...Aryan, Chachu one of my former delegates owns an alliance in South Africa. Shall I recommend him?" Vansh asked which was a shock for chachu.

"How long Aryan will be living the life of a Riley? He should settle his life naa? Now we don't have an empire to crown him. So... If he is also willing then I will intimate with them." Vansh continued.

"Vansh, I know whatever you have for him will be favourable for him. I have full faith in you sher," Chachu declared.

"And I have faith in my brother, in our blood," Vansh remarked.

"Rudra, Vansh come dinner is ready," Chachi Announced.

"Dinner is better when we have it together. So Chachi Dadi Aryan come sit, let's eat together," Vansh confirmed.

Even they all used to have dinner together in VR Mansion with varieties of dishes among which they don't even taste for. But never do they share a bond of togetherness. Today even though they only had limited items. Their dinner time holds a bond of togetherness and family. More than having a portion of food they were interested to have quality family time. While spending whole this time Vansh mind was having a conflict between himself. One of his parts wants to stay with them forever while the other wants to start a new life with Ridhima. She was always a victim of his family now he wants to give her justice through this sacrifice. And in the end, his conflicts continued.

A/N :Hence proved Lollipop is Aryan's Bachpan ka pyaar bhool nhi jaana re