(25) Surrender

You reluctantly agree to give up the loot that you have gotten from the corpse. However, you aren't beaten yet. As you hand over the items, you see keys around the guard's neck. You "accidentally" drop the sharp bone, and then quickly snatch the keys while he's grabbing the fallen object. He gathers up the prey and goes to leave. His talon touches his neck, and he swings around to glare at you.
"Nice try."
You dodge his talon as he tries to club you over the head, and then bite his wrist. He yells out in agony and swings again, this time getting a solid blow. You resist and trying not to pass out, although your vision has gotten spotty. You dig your teeth in deeper and rip apart whatever gets in your mouth. All you can taste is blood. Your jaws are pried off and thrown to the side as he gets up, visibly shaking. The wound is deep and serious, and you can tell that he's panicking. He shoots a blast of fire in your direction, and all you can do is hold up your bound talons to protect yourself. The flames burn off the coverings on your talon and start bubbling your scales with painful, hot blisters. Your wings, back and face gets severely burnt as well. The keys you had been holding were now a molten mess, adding to the incredible heat that seemed to be coming from everywhere.
He stumbles towards you and slashes at your burnt body, and you have no way to retaliate. He scores several deep cuts all along your body, but the damage is done. He collapses, no doubt passing out from pain and blood loss. You, too, feel the blackness begin to envelope your vision, and you don't resist. Better to die fighting.
You are dead. Perhaps try again?