Until We Meet Again: Ozymandias x reader (1) ☁️

So it's been a hot second- I've been busy with P-SAT and end of quarter work for school. But here it is! This is per your request, KittyLove32!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

It was almost frustrating how oblivious his Master was to his affections. How she smiled cluelessly up at him when he commented on her hair or her eyes as he gently tucked a flower he had picked just for her from his gardens into her hair. She would always smile and thank him, a small embarrassed blush on her cheeks. Everyone at Chaldea knew she was his. His and his alone.

Ozymandias watched her from afar, enjoying the happy smile on her face as she admired the gardens of his palace, lovingly caressing the petals of any flower she so happened to fancy. How he envied those flowers- those touches were meant for him, not some plant incapable of expressing the gratitude of being graced by the feather-like touch of a goddess. His golden eyes narrowed, relaxing when Y/N turned to smile at him. She walked over to him, her hands cupped together to shield something from his view.

"Hm. What have you hidden from your Pharoah?" Ozymandias asked with a smile, swirling the wine in his goblet absentmindedly as he watched a mischievous smile curl onto the woman's lips.

"Can you close your eyes, Ozymandias? It's a surprise," Y/N said with a happy grin.

Ozymandias smiled as he closed his eyes. "Hm. I suppose I can entertain my guest." 

Y/N smiled as she uncupped her hands, taking the pink water-lily from her hand and tucking it behind the Pharaoh's ear.

"Ok! You can open your eyes!" Y/N said with a grin as she took a step back.

Ozymandias lifted his hand to touch the flower tucked behind his ear, a satisfied smile on his face.

"A gift fit for a king. I humbly accept," he said with a hum before taking a sip of his wine.

The way Y/N's eyes squeezed shut when she smiled at him made his heart clench warmly in his chest. He adored that smile that out-dazzled his own radiance as a sun god.
"Hey! Master!"

His smile fell, annoyance clouding his features as he watched Y/N's peaceful smile fell to a surprised and curious expression. It was that dreaded Saber of Red, Mordred. She always seemed to show up when she was most unwanted, and he didn't care for her overly protective tendencies when Y/N was near. Her presence made him fickle, for she tended to take Y/N's attention away from him. It was unforgivable.

"Mordred? What's up?" Y/N asked curiously as the saber servant ran up to her and stood next to her, all the while eyeing Ozymandias suspiciously.

"I came to get you for dinner. I don't need you getting weak from lack of nutrition," Mordred said flatly, making Y/N smile.

Ozymandias felt his lips twitch in annoyance as he watched Y/N pick up the bag she had brought with her, slinging it over her shoulder. He couldn't keep her here forever, that much he understood.

"Bye, Pharaoh!" Y/N said with a wide, glittering smile that melted all his woes from his mind, a small smile on his face as he watched her go.

Mordred turned to glare at him before they left his temple, his expression souring as rose onto his feet and stood there, his arms crossed as he thought to himself. Perhaps he could visit the pheasant's canteen if it meant he could see her smile once again.

(POV switch)

Y/N sat at the table, pushing her rice around on its tray as she listened to her Servants bickering. While she loved them all dearly, she did miss the peaceful quiet in Ozymandias's domain.