Chapter 5

Of course, Dabi stared after Hiro as the man turned on his heel and walked away, whistling casually to himself. His gaze slipped to Abi, who apparently found the floor to be incredibly interesting.

'He... killed him. He had to. He had to have killed him, if he says the guy didn't need his wallet anymore, then he had to have killed him, right?' Dabi ran his hand through his hair, unsure. Hiro had implied that he was a pro-hero, then followed it up by saying it was more or less true.

Except heroes didn't kill.

Against his better judgment, Dabi let Abi tug him out of the alley. Let her hold his hand. If her hair was shorter, and maybe white...

'Don't,' Dabi closed his eyes tightly, looking off to the side, 'stop. You don't care anymore. You can't care. The minute you start caring, every little plan you ever made unravels.'

"... fine. I'll come hang out with you," Dabi relented. At least she'd waited for an actual response. Abi beamed at him, and proceeded to pull him in the direction Hiro had gone - and eventually, released his wrist when he fell in step next to her.

Hiro, and a woman with brown hair accented by a bright green underlight were sitting on a staircase. They were in some sort of heated debate--

"I'm telling you, the wicked witch of the East was a princess because Glinda was a princess!!"

"Glinda was not a fucking princess, she was a good witch. There's a difference."

Dabi halted, and looked at Abi when she mimicked him.

"... really."

"They have very long arguments about very particular subjects! Anyway, you know Hiro! That's Evette," Abi introduced, gesturing to the two. Hiro bobbed his head in a nod. The poofy hair he'd styled loosely in a fauxhawk bounced with the gesture. Evette looked up, face scrunched up comically.

".... OH!!! Wow," she looked Dabi up and down, then leaned her cheek in the palm of her hand, "he's hot."

Dabi shifted himself to stand somewhat behind Abi, eyes narrowed at Evette, "uh huh... I'm just gonna'. Use Pinky as a shield."

Evette erupted into loud laughter; Hiro rolled his eyes, then gestured for Abi, and Dabi to come closer, "gonna' let me look at that leg, fire boy?"

Dabi sneered, but followed when Abi moved. She stopped by Evette, accepting a drink from the other woman while Dabi sat next to Hiro. He stretched his right leg out, grimacing at the sharp pain. Hiro's touch was heavy, fingers pressing firmly into the fabric near the punctures. Dabi hissed.

"I'll be fine, he said," Hiro teased, "it doesn't hurt, he said."

"Shut up," Dabi smiled despite himself. Hiro mimicked him mockingly, and Dabi slapped his shoulder as Hiro reached into a bag beside him.

"This'll sting," Hiro chirped, spinning and then flicking the lid off a large bottle of vodka, which he then proceeded to pour over Dabi's thigh. Dabi jerked his leg up, of course, clenching his jaw. The sting lingered, for a few seconds, and within that time Hiro had gotten up to locate the cap.

"A'ight. Here. Might as well take it with you," he said, handing Dabi the bottle. Dabi huffed, but accepted it, and then Hiro dropped the wallet in his lap, "and there's that."

"Thought you were gonna' look at them."

"Yeah, lemme just yank your pants off with Evette and Abi sitting right there," Hiro gestured with his thumb.

"Oh please. Do it. I would love to see it," Evette purred - then laughed, as Abi had started slapping her thigh aggressively, "oh c'mon!! I know you'd like to see it too, Abi-- OW!!"