Chapter 26

((A/N: To my new readers, hello!!! Thanks for making it this far!!

To my returning readers - I did quality of life edits on the first 25 chapters (took me 2 weeks to get it all done). This includes introducing a new character (wow, that's GREAT AIR THANKS)!!!

The most important thing you need to know is that Dabi has an abusive situationship with a woman named Yumi who looks like Abiteth but in a neon color palette (flourescent orange/pink hair) + initial behavior that reminded him of Abiteth (obvs a cover for her real personality). Yumi is very cruel to him and constantly berates his body (first introduced in ch 17 as of the updates if you want to read that to get a better idea of her character).

Please be advised that this chapter has a sex scene at the very beginning that is implied to be non-con/coerced, and contains depictions of physical/verbal abuse (female on male + retaliation from Dabi).

Here's some other important things to know:
- collectively, Cestmir's "compatriots" are now known as the Muses (Greyve, Alva, Kalypso, Bliant, Sachs, Sirius, Addenyd, & Desdemona)

- Of Abiteth's "group of thieving hero buddies" the only name I want to familiarize you with is Hebi! She and Abiteth are good friends (Devlin/Fraiser already had names before this)

- there are too many updated/added character interactions for me to specify, I added them to strengthen the bonds between chars

- added in dreams Abiteth had because I skipped over them for some reason (most notably in ch 12 and ch 22); this was done because the story felt very Dabi centric when it was also meant to be about Abiteth too, and I've been neglecting her character

I'm really sorry about doing this, but I'm much happier with how the first 25 chapters read now, and they are more seamless/cohesive now that I've gone over them (again because I re-read most of them 10 times when I first wrote them, and my writing style has updated enough that there was a stark contrast between the quality of ch 25 and ch 26).

Thank you for sticking with this story thus far, and patiently waiting for an update <3))

--------------------------------------

((CONTENT WARNING: implied non-con/coercion, descriptions of physical abuse (female on male), physical retaliation.))

--------------------------------------

Heavy pants filled the space, broken by occasional deep groans, cushioned by an obnoxious sucking sound. Calloused fingers twitched against the blanket, sunlight filtering in through the blinds covering the window.

Way too late in the morning for something like this, 'way too fucking late.'

Yumi hadn't been pleased that Dabi blew her off last night - no, she had been so displeased, that when he'd turned his phone back on there were over 20 texts, and at least 5 voice mails. All from her. All screaming at him.

His legs jolted as Yumi dragged her sharp nails across his skin, deliberately digging into the scar that came up to his mid-thigh. Sharp stings of pain in his unscarred flesh, like needles, made him release a low growl.

"Yumi, stop that," he snapped, pushing himself up on his arms. She glowered at him, teeth scraping over the top of his dick. He stayed up on his arms like that, stiff, watching her head bob, feeling numb; feeling separated from what was happening, even as that tight coil snapped and he spilled hot cum into her mouth, his dropping open in a soundless moan.

It didn't belong to him. He wasn't here. He didn't want to be here.

Yet here he was, having come to Yumi's apartment because he didn't want her showing up at his, his good mood sullied by her incessant badgering. He wished he'd stayed at Abiteth's - stayed in her kindness and gentle touches and supple blooms. He wished he hadn't let Yumi's venom run so deeply into his veins that when he could have had the woman he wanted, he ran away.