Chapter 3

Suddenly the hospital speaker were heard.

Please people, don't panic. There is no fire. We just want to inform you that if you happen to see Dr. Erica then inform her that we need her argently, the director said.

What? How could they know that am the one who took it so quickly. Oh shit, I forgot that there were CCTV cameras. Am so stupid, she said to herself.

People started settling down and continued on their business.

I can't turn back
I will have to report this to the police or I will be in trouble and they may even make me their first victim, she said to herself.

She started searching her pockets and suddenly found a surgical mask. She immediately wore it and walked away from the hospital without being noticed.

She ran to her home, her mother and father were playing with her little brother. Her little brother came to welcome her as usual but this time she was panicing. She ran to her room and opened her closet. She had saved the bag of money and started dividing the money into halves then called all her family.

What's wrong with you today? Her father asked.

I will tell you later, she said throwing some money on the table infront of her father.

What's all this money for? Her mother asked.

Take this money and leave the country right now, she said.

Where can we go? Her father asked.

Go to Africa. I know it may be the only safe place for now. I fon't have time to explain anymore, please pack right now and leave. Go to the airport and book a flight to South Africa. When things are ok this side, I will call you to come back, she said.

What about you my dear? Her mother asked.

I have something important to first handle, she said.

They all looked confused but they packed the money and what they wanted to take. She kissed her little brother and said good bye to them and they left. She then caught the pill in her hand and looked at it. As she was still holding it, she then heard a gunshot from outside. She fell down in fear and the poll slid off from her hands and accidentally fell in her mouth and she swallowed it not knowing it was the pill. She realised it later. She started coughing so that the pill could atleast get out but instead it was moving down her stomach.

She started crying.

I thought I would be a hero but who would have known that I will be the first victim, she said to herself.

She slowly got up and ran from the behind door with her. The only place she would ran to right now was Patrick's house. It was already getting dark and she knew that Patrick was already home.