#21: Merry Chrysler

"She lives her life like a flame; a dance of purposeful chaos... Her enchanting light can guide you and quell your fears... She's hot; warming those who respect her and burning those who don't... She is a flame with an unforgettable glow... A weak man will try to dim her luminance... but her soul mate will take pleasure in fanning the blaze." —Steve Mariboli

__________

"Gift time you heathens!" Tony yelled loudly. It was third time trying to get our attention since most had chosen to ignore him the first two times. Christmas dinner was a more intimate affair than Thanksgiving had been, and it took place on the evening before Christmas rather than the actual holiday. Really, it was almost a normal family dinner night with the exception of Pepper and Betty being here. Rhodey wasn't here, he was with his own large family, and tomorrow morning Tony and Pepper actually were going to fly out and see them. Apparently, Tony, the guy who adopted any sad looking soul who stood still long enough, had been adopted by Rhodey's mom and family years ago. Bruce and Betty were also planning on leaving tomorrow morning for their own Christmas vacation. Thor wasn't here. He was either out in New Mexico with Jane or in Asgard. There was really no telling since he refused to carry a phone.

That left the usual crew to eat and drink while celebrating the holiday season. I was still bummed out that Granny couldn't come, but I had facetimed her earlier today and planned on calling her tomorrow too.

I threw myself onto the couch with a grin. Seconds later, Clint sprinted to the couch to throw himself on top of me. With a laugh, I tried to escape but it was all for naught. Hawkeye tackled me into the cushions. If I wasn't so tipsy it might've hurt.

"Children, calm down." Natasha smirked and took a seat beside us. Like the redhead, the others took open seats in the living space like normal human beings. Clint finally got off me, but the only reason he did was to hurry over to the tree and dig through wrapped gifts with Tony. The air was filled with conversation and laughter. I think I was more drunk off it than the many spiked eggnogs Clint kept shoving into my hands.

Tony and Clint were throwing out presents and my eyes widened as my pile grew. I knew the Avengers had gotten me gifts, but to see it in person was shocking. The last wrapped gift I had gotten was from a secret santa party my dorm threw freshman year in college. It had been an ugly ass sweater and not the fun Christmas kind.

"Alright, my gifts first." Tony demanded as he pointed around the circle. He still held a small red box with a golden bow on it. All his gifts were wrapped in shades of red and gold. He tossed me the box, and I caught it with ease. "That one's for you, sunshine."

I stared down at the suspiciously small box, "Tony Stark, if there are car keys in this box I will kick your ass." The group chuckled while opening their own gifts. Tony just smirked at me and I shook my head, "Stark."

"Open it already!" Tony replied.

I yanked the box off and opened the small box to see a Jeep. A wide grin spilt across my features as I pulled out a toy car that could fit in the palm of my had. It was a gray two-door Jeep. My eyes glanced up to meet Tony's. He was beaming at me, "Like it?"

"I love it." I replied with a laugh.

"Good. The life size model is in the garage."

My eyes widened and Pepper smacked him, "He's joking."

The other gifts Tony got for everyone were also small knick-knacks, and it was kind of funny to see the billionaire give such simple things. Clint had gotten a keychain shaped like a dumpster which everyone, expect him, thought was hilarious and fitting. Bruce went next, his gift was wrapped in a really pretty blue paper, and when I tore it open my eyes landed on a pack of Avenger themed fuzzy socks. I immediately tore open the pack while the others continued with their gifts and swapped the Christmas themed socks for the Hulk pair.