Chapter 1

(A/N: I'll tell what time it is at the beginning of each chapter)
(A/N: HERE WE GOOOOO)

Morning

Scott took a long breath of the crisp, piney, morning mist after stopping and leaning against a tree for a break, yawning. He looked to his left with heavy eyes and saw a small yellow object fluttering frantically in the thick carpet of leaves.
Believing it was a butterfly, he ignored it and returned to staring around until he heard a small voice cry for help. Scott noticed the voice was coming from the so-called butterfly, but, as Scott approached it, he realized it was a tiny injured fairy. The fairy stared up at him with widened eyes.
"No!" It squeaked. "You need to leave! It's the naga!"
Scott looked around quickly, not seeing anything out of the ordinary. Scott rolled his eyes, assuming the fairy was joking and was just a little robber. The fairy continued talking, squirming to free itself from a twig on the ground.
"He's coming!" The fairy whispered. "I ran away and he's coming for me! And when he sees you, he'll get you too!"
Scott's eyes widened to their fullest after hearing softly rustled leaves in the distance. Maybe the fairy wasn't lying after all...
"Why did you run away?" The messenger asked with concern. "What-"
His question was interrupted by a huge rustle in the leaves behind him and giant hands that came up behind his head and wrapped around his mouth.