Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Near Midnight (A/N: hehehe) (I'm not explaining what happens in between chapters) (ha)

Scott awoke, still chained to the wall, and noticed a small cage next to his knee. Leaning down, he saw a faint yellow glow, and the fairy from that morning was sitting on the bottom.

"Hey!" Scott whispered, tapping the cage bars quietly. "You awake?"

It turned its head slowly up at Scott, rubbing its eyes lazily. It nodded.

"I guess he got you," it said, sitting up. Scott nodded, shivering slightly.

"I woke up in these chains," Scott replied, shaking one of his arm shackles. The fairy's eyes widened.

"Shhh!" the fairy whispered. "You'll wake the naga!" It pointed across the room at the opposite doorway to the one they were nearest to. The beast's back heaved up and down with each snore, though its tail twitched slightly.

"My name is Fritz," the fairy whispered, beaming.

"Scott," Scott replied, flicking a bread crumb between the cage bars.

"Well, Scott," Fritz muttered. "I've got a plan."

"What is it?" Scott asked, obviously curious. The naga's tail thumped once on the cave wall. No one noticed.

"If you can scratch your way through these bars," Fritz replied. "I can pick the lock on your shackles so we can both be free."

After listening to the simple plan, Scott glanced over his knee at the naga, and, for a split second, he saw it looking over its shoulder at them.

(A/N: We now go over to Vincent who is a grumpy little naga)

Vincent sighed and rolled his eyes.

"They think that escape plan is ingenious. Ha!"

He grabbed a nearby mouse by its tail and swallowed it whole.

"Pathetic."

He stared at Scott's open legs (A/N: omgwtf XD) and forced himself to look away, feeling a crimson tint rise to his cheeks.

"It'll have to wait for now..."

(A/N: next chapter is escape scene!)