Into the Unicorn's Forest

Hello, everyone, so good to see you again for the next chapter of the Second Arc. This one was one of my personal favorites to write. Keep in mind that it will switch between past and present, giving backstory to some of the characters. Well, I hope you all enjoy reading it and will leave a comment as you go along. Disclaimer: I own nothing except my OC.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Xiaolin Dragon King: Second Arc

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Eight: Into the Unicorn's Forest

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juno was awake in the early morning before her husband, taking a moment to stare at him before getting out of bed. She smiled to herself at how peaceful he looked when he was asleep. Leaning over, she placed a gentle kiss on his forehead before removing his arm from where it was draped over her waist.

The redhead got out of bed, removed her sleeping yukata, and dressed in her usual attire. After brushing her hair and putting some of it in the same small bun, she grabbed her jade dragon pin from where it rested on a nightstand beside the bed. Juno observed it, running her fingers over its smooth surface. A smile came to her face as she looked at Chase.

It had been over fifteen hundred years since she had gotten the pin, but the day it was given to her was still fresh in her mind. After all, it was a precious gift from her husband before he was even her husband. It was thanks to this pin that she had gotten together with him in the first place. Not only that, but it helped her to confirm the feelings she was developing towards him at the time were love.

Placing the dragon pin in her bun, Juno sat back down on the bed and placed her hand on the side of the Heylin warrior's face. Then she leaned down and kissed him for a moment. When she pulled back, she found a pair of eyes staring back at her.

"Good morning." the female warrior smiled at her husband.

"It must be if you're waking me up like this." Chase said, sitting up.

"I just couldn't help but notice how cute you look while asleep." she told him. "I almost didn't want to wake you up."

"Waking up to ones beautiful wife is every person's dream."

"Aw, you always say the sweetest things."

The couple smiled at each other before they leaned in and kissed. Chase wrapped his arms around her waist, pushing her body close to his. Their tongues collided with one another as she put her arms around his shoulders. They kept this going until the need for oxygen came up and they pulled apart.

"As much as I would like to continue..." Juno panted out as her husband kissed her neck, nibbling at her skin a bit. "We need to go and meet everyone else for breakfast."

"Can't we stay here just for a while longer?" the Heylin warrior asked, turning his face to hers. "We haven't had much time to ourselves lately, even though I'm always around you."

"I know, and alone time sounds great." she said, slowly pulling herself out of his arms. "But we have a lot to do today." she stood up from the bed. "We're going to be leaving the temple to go and get the next ingredient for the potion, remember?"

"Right, of course." Chase sighed a bit, running a hand through his hair. "I apologize, it slipped my mind for a moment."

"It's alright, we've been through a lot these last few days." Juno smiled kindly at him, kissing his forehead. "You get ready and meet me and everyone else later, okay?" she headed for the door.