3| The Naive Recruit

Tatsumi: (thoughts) 'Sayo... Ieyasu... I'm glad...I learned how to cook. Thanks to it...'

Leone/Mine/Sheele/Lubbock/Bulat: "More!"

Tatsumi: (thoughts) 'I'm being treated like a real cook.'

Since being paired up with the two emotionless assassins of Night Raid, Tatsumi had been stuck doing kitchen duty. With being Akame's assistant for the time being, he was to help her with cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner, cutting up vegetables and prepping many meat dishes.

It had been a while since lunch time and Tatsumi was still in the kitchen with two assassins. At the moment, he was peeling a potato's skin.

Tatsumi: "Dammit! Even though I'm an assassin, every day it's nothing but cooking

Tatsumi: "Dammit! Even though I'm an assassin, every day it's nothing but cooking."

Akame: (munches on grapes) "It can't be helped. I'm in charge of cooking at the base. Since you're shadowing me, it's only natural you cook too."

Tatsumi: (deadpan) "You're only the cook because it means all the tasting and sampling you want, aren't you?"

Akame: (continues to eat grapes) "That's not true."

Tatsumi: "You're not very convincing."

Akame: (looks to Akira) "Since you're shadowing me as well, you must be cooking too, Akira."

When her full attention was finally brought to him, she eyed him for a bit. Akira stood by the counter, a notebook in his hand as he was reading it attentively. She could see his eyes eyeing each word on the paper very carefully, him lifting his finger to turn the page as he slowly read through.

After a few minutes of reading it, Akira shuts it and faces Akame with his usual emotionless stare.

Akira: "This notebook...where did you get it? The handwriting... It's very similar to mine."

Akame: "...That's because... It is yours. You always did like testing different recipes and wondering which ingredients paired well."

Akira lets out a small hum as he went back to the notebook, opening it back up as he looked at the different recipes. There were many different ones, most of them containing Danger Beast meat. Just looking at the notebook was beginning to bring a few, but small fond memories.

He could hear faint noises. Talking. Laughter. For some reason, it caused his lips to twinge upwards. He wasn't sure why. However, this didn't go unnoticed by Akame. Ideas began to run through her mind, ideas of how to bring Akira's memories back to him. Perhaps if she could find some more items that once belonged to him, they may trigger him to bring back some more memories of their past together.

All while this was happening, Tatsumi continued to peel the potato's skin, a look of irritation on his face. It wasn't until an annoying voice rung throughout the air.

Mine: "That really is the best look for our newest recruits."

Tatsumi: (breaks potato) "What!? ...Wait, what? Are you all going somewhere?"