28| Mission Commences, Kill The Religious Leader

The mission to assassinate Bolic of the Path of Peace had commenced. The current time was 1 AM, two Imperial guards were patrolling the palace grounds. 

They seemed to have heard a noise coming from the nearby woods, the two guards aiming their guns towards it. However, they let out grunts as they fell to the ground, unconscious, an armored figure looming over them. Swiftly, Tatsumi had knocked them out. Tatsumi then looked to the whole that was in the ground, giving a thumbs up.

From the hole was Leone, Susanoo, and Najenda, the three of them bearing grins as their plan was going well so far. Getting out of it, the brown-haired teen launched a rope up to the top of the building, the four of them using it to scale and climb upwards.

The plan was that the diversion team would use the underground tunnel, Tatsumi using Incursio's invisibility to take out the two guards. Then they enter the cathedral's inner courtyard without being detected and enter the building. There, they'll cause a commotion, drawing the attention of the guards and Esdeath towards them. 

In fact, a guard had burst through the cathedral's doors. A look of fear and concern was on his face as he ran towards the icy blue-haired general.

Soldier: "W-We have a situation! A number of intruders have made it to the central courtyard...!"

Esdeath: (grin) "I knew Night Raid would choose tonight. Just as I predicted."

Bolic: "Th-The courtyard!? That's not far from here!"

Esdeath: "Kurome, you keep an eye on Bolic and don't leave his side!"

Kurome: "Roger!"

Getting off his throne, Bolic then moved to Esdeath's lower body. He got onto his knees and began to beg, clawing at her feet.

Bolic: "G-General! I want you to protect me yourself!"

Esdeath: (clicks tongue in annoyance) "You always give the appearance of being in control. Try acting like it. You're pathetic. Don't worry. I won't leave the cathedral."

The blue-haired general then shook his grasp off her leg and lifted it, lunging it down and stabbing her heel onto his forehead, but not enough to puncture his head. She then looks to the entrance with an excited grin.

Esdeath: (thoughts) 'No matter how much chaos they cause, unless you take out Bolic, you lose. Now... Hurry and come at me!'

 Hurry and come at me!'

---

Outside the cathedral, in the air was Night Raid's Air Manta. Atop it was the sent to assassinate Bolic, the members consisting of Akame, Mine, Lubbock, and Akira. 

Lubbock: "All right! We'll charge right through the cathedral roof! Mine, just before we get in, open a huge hole for us with Pumpkin!"

Mine: "Got it. I'm all ready to go!"