Jobs

No quote this week, me been worked to the bone, so you get a pitcher of 1 of my dogs. This is Poisoned Ivory. She is my show 'hunting', find the smelly object, dog. I have too many dogs to count... You'll get a puppy every week I can't think up a quote.

Happy Reading!

Icicle Jr. looked at the red haired, green eyed child shoved into his hands. To say he was surprised was..... understating his confusion. He'd come into work like normal, only for Zee to send him downstairs for a new job placement. He'd admitted to himself, and Conner, that he didn't like working the bar. It was a lot to do. Add people to the mix was stressful enough. Making those people, drunk people, caused him to panic more than a few times. He took more frequent, if shorter, brakes than the other workers. He just didn't expect his other job to be this.

The red headed, bulky, muscled man looked him over, assessing, "Don't make her cold."

"I won't. The cold is all in me unless I choose other wise." Jr. tried to assure him.

It didn't however, reassure the man, "Have you ever taken care of a child?"

"Not fully, no." Jr admitted.

The glare that came was thankfully not directed at Jr. Instead it was pointed at Kaldur, propped up against the door jam.

"Kal I don't-"

"An hour. We can check in, in an hour. Jr also has his com-link. If anything were to happen he can just call for help."

The man pursed his lips looking for his baby girl to Jr. "If one hair on her head is misplaced, I will sink another explosive arrow into your shoulder." The man growled at him, threatening.

Jr. dumbly nodded, not fully thinking on the threat given. He looked down at the little girl before back to the empty doorway, "Wait a minute... An arrow in my shoulder?... Speedy! Oh, fuck!"

"FUcK!" The girl in his arms cheered, "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!"

"NO! No. No. No. No. No." Jr whispered to himself setting the little girl on the den room floor in front  of TV, "Jr. Say Jr.!"

"Fuck!" Lian giggled once more.

Jr. groaned, "Speedy is going to kill me."

~    ~   ~

"I don't like this." Will grumbled.

"The job or Jr. babysitting?" Kaldur pulled open the door to the back stage of the male strip club.

Will walked in seeing that few were walking around back there, "Both. Where is everyone?"

"This week we closed down this club. Most of the guys are out front practicing or giving feed back to those who are rehearsing." Kaldur led him to the small offace piled with paper work.

"Fucking hell, Kal." Will peeking at a few of the files, "This one's form three years ago."

"I know." Kaldur frowned, "You'll have to go through everything. Look over they guys."

Will groaned, "Do I have a filing cabinet? Wait I see it." He walked over opening it, "Fucking hell." He pulled out a half empty liquor bottle. Than a bottle of Vodca. Next was whisky, "I see why you fired him. They aren't even good years." Will sighed, "Fucking hell. Let's go out and meet the guys. God I hope they are better."

"Most of them are." Kaldur promised, "At least three of them should be good workers."

"Oh, yippy, three good workers."

Kaldur huffed a short laugh before leading Will to the front stage. Seven men stood around the stage in varying of clothing and size. Three men were on stage stretching out and talking with each other. Two brunets and a blonde.

"Can I have everyone's attention." Kaldur called out.

Everyone turned abruptly to Kaldur. Will turned slightly when he heard a sound behind him. Three men stood at the bar looking up at them from the drink in front of them. Bottles sitting out around them.

"Everyone meet your new manager."

Will looked at them all as they looked him over, "Morning everyone. Kal's told me about most things but I'll be needing some help around until I can clean that damn office."

"What you want us to call you?" The blonde man asked, eyeing him the most.

Will tilted his head, "You can call me Red Arrow."

~   ~   ~

Joey raised an eye brow, "Aren't you a hero?"

The red haired male hummed, "Maybe. You must be the man, Kaldur said I should go too for help." Red Arrow held out out hand.

Joey jumped from the stage, reaching out and shaking the out stretched hand, "I'm Joey."

"You know your way around that office?"

"No." Joey smirked.

"Can I have some help than?"

"Don't know, can you?"

Will grinned, "Now I see why Renegade likes him. You were about to do a dance, yes?"

"What, you'd like to watch?" Joey narrowed his eyes.

"No. I was just wondering if you and your friends can help me with the office right now or if it will be later." The prevues hero inquired, "Because I'm not going to cut into your practice time if you need it."

"Need and appreciat is two different things." Joey hummed, watching as the hero nodded.

"Alright." The hero turned to address everyone, "I'd like to see all of you at least once today. Come to the office when ever you're free. It seems the last fat ass could only keep track of his alcohol."

They all laughed lightly. Joey found himself giving a grin. This man just might be alright. At least better than the last asshat. Joey nodded, "See ya than Hawkeye."

The man raised an eyebrow, "What does that make you? Bucky?"

"I think that'd be Renegade."

"Humm, so that makes you Cap? No, your too cunning." Red Arrow smirked, "Maybe Loki."

Joey grinned, "Maybe."

A soft nock came from the back stage curtains. A man covered in ice holding a baby, near toddler, in his arms, stood in the open shifting from foot to foot, "Um," The ice man hesitantly opened his mouth, "I may have done something...."

Red Arrow looked over the child critically, "What did you do?" Joey jumped at the dark intent behind the voice.

The other man jumped as well fidgeting under Red Arrow's gaze, "Well.... I didn't mean t-"

"FUCK!" The toddler cried out with a grin.

Their was a beat of pure silence before Joey and the rest of the strippers started laughing. Joey could see the laugh his boss, Tempus, was trying to keep in. Red Arrow walked up, taking the toddler and smacking the back of the Ice man's head.

"I'm blaming you, Kal." Arrow snarled, "This is your fault." He shoved the child into the villain's hands, "That means, you can babysit."

Tempus's smile fell into a protest.

"I don't want to hear it." Arrow called over his shoulder while walking away, "It was your idea. You get to deal with it. And I better not find her with Sparks!" And the man disappeared back to the cluttered office, presumably.

Kaldur turned a look to the Iceman now, "You couldn't even last an hour." He said normally, "One hour. Barely thirty minuets." He looked at the child in his arms and sighed, "Jr, go find Devastation. Send her here, than fill her shift."

The iceman, Jr, nodded, "Yes sir. Right away sir."

Joey grinned. This archer would do, maybe just maybe. Now all he need was Renegade to talk with.

Comments? Vote! Share.