Chapter 7

With the help of Hordak and mostly Shadow Weaver, the Princesses were able to gather all the stuff they needed to go to Beast Island and survive. Now, they're ready to set sails and go. 

The group was chosen to go, consisted of Hordak, Adora, Bow, Mermista and Shadow Weaver.

*

"Why does she have to go with us too? Being in the same ship as him is going to be hard enough." Mermista said, pointing at Shadow Weaver then Hordak, groaning. 

"Because - Glimmer ordered us to bring him with, and her,'' Adora narrowed her eyes, " and she's the one who knows most about the island." 

"Plus she still has some magic left in her. She could use that as defense against monsters. 

"...Yes, though I am not going to spend all my limited magic on searching for a lost Princess that's probably dead already. " Shadow Weaver contradicted. 

Mermista glanced at the Hordak who was growling at Shadow Weaver. 

If she keeps saying such things, he will make sure that her magic ceases in the most crucial moment for her. 

"Why do you even care? "

"Excuse me? " Hordak was taken aback by the comment, furrowing his eyebrows with a sneer. 

"Like, why do you care that the Geek Princess is on that Beasty Island oy yours?" 

"Who?" He knew, of course he knew what she meant but the fact that this mermaid-like Princess called Entrapta, who had a name by the way, a "geek", was really getting on his nerves. Entrapta was right, these people aren't in her league and would never be true friends to her. 

So he just huffed a breath, he knew Entrapta would make if she was insulted, for her. 

Mermista leaned in closer to be able to see his face, since his head did a 180, and raised an eyebrow.

"So, like, you're telling me or- ?" 

And he just gave her silent treatment. 

Mermista groaned at the not cooperating lord and sat back in her seat, whispering a very quiet 'Weirdo'. Unfortunately for her, Hordak's perceptive ears heard that. 

A few minutes passed as the whole group sat in silence, occasionally giving a few hateful glances to Hordak. 

"Because I actually care if one of my "friends" gets stuck somewhere and I don't leave them behind, "Hordak finally said, not turning to look at the Sea Princess," I always go back for them." He turned and leaned to, gritting out of his teeth the sentence. 

Although that was the reason for his departure, it wasn't the only one. Hordak pondered in his mind for a few minutes it took him to formulate the answer. Why did he care if Entrapta was on that Island. If she got devoured by some beast? Even though he knew the answer, he still couldn't help but question it. Wanting it to be anything else other than that. 

"Mermista was quite taken aback both by the answer itself and the fact that he actually answered." 

She, frowning, fired a comment back, "We never left her. We thought she was dead." 

"Hmph, if that's your excuse. Apparently she wasn't and yet, you left her in enemy's territory. That was your miscalculation. 

You knew that she was alive after, why didn't you come back?" 

"Because she teamed with you." 

"Of course she did, after you gave Catra enough time to manipulate her into thinking you left her intentionally and didn't care for her. Which Is true to some extent- 

And now, you all think she's dead, which she's not, and would leave her alone, again, if not for me." Hordak said in one go, letting it all out of himself. 

Everyone in the room stayed quiet. Good. Let those words sink in. 

The silence bubble was burst by a laughing Shadow Weaver. And she was laughing, like a lot. 

" Oh my Hordak…. You fell, didn't you?" 

Hordak turned to her, giving her a half lidded death glare. "I don't know what you're talking about." 

"You really have, haven't you?" 

When she only received a huff from the former lord, she let out a short dark-ish chuckle and shook her head. 

Adora and Bow who were at the controls just looked at each other confused, while Mermista was looking back and forth between the two with a face "What the heck are they talking about?!"