Chapter 8

A/N

Sorry for a long wait. I've been going through some stuff... This chapter is longer so I hope you all enjoy. I am planning to finish my "The prince of what now?" Entrapdak story by the end of August so after that, I am dedicating myself to this one! It will be a long one, jut so you all know ^^

******************************

Hours later, the designated group arrived at the outskirts of the Beast Island. The shore was like any other, sandy, full of bright colors that compliment both nature and sky. As they unloaded all of their gear and gadgets, they were ready to go.

"I don't know what all the fuss is about. Luke, this island doesn't look dangerous at all." Mermista groaned in annoyance.

Both Hordak and Shadow Weaver turned their backs, frowning. "Don't be fooled by something's appearance, Princess. Not everything is as it seems." Shadow Weaver said in a low voice. Raising her hand, she pointed at a flying bird that was passing by. It flew through the first batch of trees safely. Suddenly, a plant grabbed it and pulled it down below into the jungle-like forest.

Mermista gasped as she saw that plant moving by itself. "...Right. "

*

"We should split up to search the island faster. Shadow Weaver and Adora go together. Bow and Mermista, you are going with me."

"Wait! Why do I have to go with her?" Adora freaked out.

"Yes, I too find this inconvenient. I do not think this team-up will work out." Shadow Weaver agreed.

"Because I am certain you will not allow Shadow Weaver and me to go together. Besides, you are She-Ra, you two could protect each other and live through this."

"Ugh, fine…Let's go…." Adora swung the sword on her shoulder and started to walk into the trees."

After the two of them walked away, Hordak turned to the boy and girl. "We are going in a different direction from them. Get those weapons. You'll need them." He pointed at the create before them.

"I don't need any weapons. I have my powers."

"I would advise you to take them. Inside that nature you won't be able to conjure an ounce of water. Because there is none there and because the air will not allow you to do so." Hordak said while putting the cannon he previously made on his arm.

"...." Squinting her eyes and having a lot of thoughts on her mind to be said, she decided it's better to just not argue with the bat and get this over with as soon as possible. Reaching into the box, she raised her eyebrows while checking out the gadgets.

After getting ready, Hordak pointed in one direction and they all set to head in that way.

*

"KREEEEEK!"

"AHHH! What was that?" Battle stance and sword in hand, Adora felt heart threatening to jump out of her chest. She was frantically looking around, seeking for the sound's broadcaster.

The other woman standing beside her only scoffed at her reaction. "Adora…You still fail to control your emotions. You are the exact child I once knew. You haven't changed one bit." Passing by the blonde in a flying cloud-like manner, she heard the girl huff. Not ten feet ahead, another screech sounded itself, followed by a small creature running out of one of the bushes.