Prologue

A white wedding dress, a pair of wedding shoes, a shining diamond wedding ring, a bridal bouquet. And man who's willing to be my groom on my wedding day.

I am also one of those women who wants to experience getting married even in a simple and quiet way. I want to marry the man I love the most. Walked to the altar and tell him how much I love him.

Today will be the wedding I have long dreamed of. I want to protest and run out of this church. Nagbabadya ng bumagsak ang likidong kanina pa'y namumuo sa mga mata ko. Nervous. Fear. Pain. That's all I feel right now.

Tears kept falling in my eyes, every step I took every tear my eyes let out. Hindi ko alam kung bakit kailangan ko pang gawin ito.

Wearing this beautiful dress is a relief, to walk to the altar in front of me while wearing these heels was my only dream before. But that dream of mine suddenly collapsed when my parents decided to marry me to a rich CEO for to further grow our business.

"We are gathered here in the presence of God, family and friends to unite Gwen Lurnoor and Theo Ortega in holy matrimony. Marriage is a honorable estate, and is therefore not to be entered into lightly, but reverently, advisedly, soberly, and with God's blessings." This priest in front of us starting to do his speech and opening prayer.

Hindi ako nananaginip o kaya'y namamalik-mata sa mga nangyayari ngayon. I only found out yesterday that I was going to get married today, and I didn't even refuse. They've planned everything. This bullsh*t wedding gown, this shoes that's too tight to wear, this bridal flower that clings to me. I don't see anything nice, everything around me looks like dirty rags.

Patuloy lang ang padre sa pagsasalita. Nakayuko lang ako sa harap nito para hindi n'ya makita ang salungat kong pakiramdam. Walang malay na tumatakbo ang oras at tila pilit binabalikan ang kahapon.

"If you are ready to assume the obligations and duties before God, as I have defined them, you will unite your hands and pledge your love and your lives to each other. Groom, repeat after me." I looked at him, I could not see his face clearly because of wedding viel covering my face.

"I Theo Ortega, take you, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, for as long as we both shall live. This is my solemn vow." He imitates everything the priest says.

"Now Bride, please repeat after me." I sighed very deeply and barely raised my head. "I say your name," may sayang sambit ng padre, napalunok pa ako ng maraming beses.

Inilingon ko ang ulo ko sa parents ko na masayang pinapanood kami. Pilit nila akong sinesenyasan na sabihin na ang dapat kong sabihin. Napangiti ako ng napaka-pait.

You are all selfish.

"Miss Lurnoor repeat after me. I say your named, take you, to be my husband..."

"I-I Gwen Lurnoor, take you, to be my husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to lo-love and to cherish, for as long as we both shall l-live. T-This is my solemn vow." I couldn't stop stuttering while saying that line. Hindi ko kaya.

Lagi akong sinasabihan ni Ate Glair na napaka swerte ko at hindi ako naging gaya n'ya. Madalas na yata akong mapapangiti ng mapait ngayon. Nangyari na rin sa kaniya ang nangyayari sa akin ngayon, ipinakasal din s'ya ng parents namin para mas mapalago ang aming kompanya. Hindi ako galit sa kanila dahil naging mabuti naman silang magulang sa amin ang hindi ko lang maisip ay kung paano nila kami nagagawang ipamigay.

But my sister always reminds me that she does not regret that she married the man she is with now. She is happy with their lives now, they have learned to love each other and build their own family.

Sana ganoon lang kadali ang lahat para sa akin. Wala akong sapat na idadahilan sa kanila para tumanggi, once lang akong nagka-boyfriend at sa Role Play World pa. Paano ako tatakbo at makikipagtanan kung wala akong kasama. Sabagay, pwede naman tumakbo ng mag-isa kaso I'm not that independent one to do that.

"You will now exchange rings as a symbol of lifelong commitment and abiding love which you husband and wife have promised to each other. Groom please place the ring on Gwen's finger, and repeat after me. I give you this ring,"

"I give you this ring..."

"As a sign of my love and faithfulness."

"As a sign of my love and faithfulness." He repeated.

"And Bride, please place the ring on Theo's finger, and repeat after me. I give you this ring,"

"I give you this ring..." naghintay ako sa susunod nitong sasabihin.

"As a sign of my love and faithfulness."

"As a sign of my love and faithfulness." I said.

I don't want to be a run away bride and humiliate my parents in front of the many people who witnessed this wedding. I will just accept the truth even if it hurts.

Napayuko ako nang makitang umayos ang lalaking ito ng tayo. Ayaw ko pa rin ibigay ang halik na ito sa ibang tao.

"Theo and Gwen, having witnessed your vows for marriage before God and all who are assembled here, by the authority invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife." The priest said with a sweet smile on his lips.

Nagsimulang mag-ingay ang paligid. Nagsisi-iritan sila. Ang sakit sa tenga.

"You may now kiss the bride!"

Halos tingalain ko s'ya dahil sa tangkad n'ya. Yumuko ako saglit at humugot ng malalim na paghinga bago dumiretso ako ng tingin sa kan'ya.

She starts to lift my wedding veil, little by little I can see his face clearly. Peke. Peke siyang nakangiti sa akin at dahan-dahang inilapit ang labi n'ya sa mga labi ko. Napapikit ako, ang lambot ng labi n'ya at halos hindi ko naramdaman ang pagdikit nito sa akin.

He is Theo Ortega twenty-four year old billionaire. The young CEO of Coty Inc one of the most famous beauty company in the world. And based on rumor, gwapo nga s'ya at matipuno but the problem he's a ruthless one. Nagkamali nga talaga ako ng pinakasalan.

--
voluptas_