15. I hurt myself

Paris had been amazing, in addition to the wonderful request, Klay had done some publicity work that made him very happy.

 The time with Angel's father had also been incredible. He had supported the wedding from the beginning and was very excited to have Klay as his son-in-law.

 They stayed in Paris for five days until they returned to San Francisco. Angel was still in college and still has to take her exams (unfortunately).

 Milena, right after the girl arrived, freaked out when she saw the ring on her hand.

-I can't believe you didn't call me at the exact time you were asked.

-I was so excited that I forgot. -Angel laughs weakly.

-Hum, okay. If I'm godmother I'll forgive you.

-Of course you will. -Angel throws the pillow weakly at her. -Now help me study.

 Klay was practicing with the boys. You could say it was his best performance on the court.

 Everything was perfect, wonderful highlights on every play he made, and he was very much looking forward to the game to come.

 The team's last loss was against the Nets, and the next game was also against them, which made Klay a little nervous. He had to give his best in that game, because it was the last game before the playoffs.

 Even though his team was already qualified, the nervousness was still there.

-I really wanted to go to the game today, honey, but I have finals tomorrow. -Angel says half sadly into the phone.

-I know my love, take the time to rest. I promise that every point I make I will think of you.

-You don't want to make me cry in the middle of the restaurant, do you?

-No, sorry. -Klay laughs weakly. -Enjoy your lunch, I'm going to take a nap.

-Okay, honey, get some rest. Kisses, I love you.

-I love you too.

 Klay hangs up the phone and lies down on his bed, while fiddling with twitter he sees some comments from fans looking forward to the game. This was incredible for Klay. The way he and the fans of the team shared the same feeling.

 Klay blacked out, only waking up with the alarm clock ringing for the fifth time, warning him that the boy had to go soon.

 He got up and immediately went to take a shower and put on some decent clothes to show up at the stadium. He decided to put on a black blazer and gray pants. He was dressing better than ever, since he felt that this game was going to be special.

-'That's nice. -Juan says laughing. -Congratulations on the engagement Klay.

-Thanks buddy. -Klay hugs Juan.

After putting on his jersey, standard blue, headed to the court, to practice throwing.

 The place was packed, the dubnation choir was the best thing Klay could hear. It cheered him up and made him want to play even more.

 After almost an hour of pitching practice, the game began.

 Klay started well, as usual. He was up to the second quarter without fouling and was shooting high, scoring almost 15 points per quarter.

 Well, the game could have been amazing if there was no third quarter. The beginning had been the same as the others, Klay had made some assists and was excited.

 But unfortunately the Nets player pushed Klay, without the boy realizing it, and ended up twisting Thompson's foot.

-'Is everything okay? -Harden asked. -It was bad.

-I'm fine. -Klay said and got up, returning to the game.

 Maybe it was the euphoria or the adrenaline so strong, but Klay had simply felt no pain. She was able to walk normally, as if nothing had happened.

 But as the clock ticked down the pain came. The pain came to the point where Klay could not stand and had to stop playing.

 The boys of the team gathered in the middle of the court where the boy was sitting with a not very good expression.

-Hey Klay. What's up? -Steph crouched down beside the boy.

-My ankle. -Klay groaned in pain. -'It hurts.

-Hey, hey. -The team's physical therapist has arrived. -Hey Klay, can you stand up?

The boy denied with his head.

-I'll help you. -Juan and Jordan helped the boy up and into the locker room.

The mood of the game had totally changed, the concern in the coach and his teammates was clear.

-Lay, I don't know what your situation is going to be, I need more tests.

-This game was one of the most important things for me. -The boy feels the tears coming down.

-I'm sorry, Klay. Go home and rest. Can someone drive you? You can't drive.

-I'll manage.

 Klay was finished, he didn't know how to react, completely stagnant. He wanted to scream with hate, cry, and throw everything up, but unfortunately he couldn't.

-Klay? -Angel's voice came from the other end of the call.

-Hi. -She said in a crying voice.

-What happened? Are you crying?

-I... I got hurt Angel.

-Hey calm down, I'm coming.

-'Okay. -He wiped his tears. -Come on by car, I need a ride...