letter 3,

on may 1st . . .
it was roses day where students would give each other roses as a sign of acknowledgement or chemistry.

"here." he gently shoved it towards her.
a bouquet of flowers.

"what's this...?" she smirked since it was unusual for him to participate in events, let alone giving out roses.

"just take it." he looked away causing her to smile even more as she gladly accepted it.

"pink roses are so much better than red ones." she admired the flowers. "good taste."

"you told me you prefered pink roses over red last year." he muttered under his breath.

"hm? what did you say?" she looked back at him as she couldn't catch on to his words.

"nothing." he quickly replied back with limited facial expressions. "well happy roses day, at least you won't be complaining you didn't receive any this year."

"woah...what has gotten into you. why are you being so nice." she raised one of her eyebrows in suspicious despite feeling touched deep down.

"i'm always nice. if you don't want it, give it back. i'll give it to someone else instead." he pretended to snatch it back.

"nope!" she tightly hugged the roses possessively. "this is mine now~" she sung out.

he smiled at her childish behaviour.

"but why did you give it to me?" she asked curiously.

"because you mean a lot to me." he patted her head. "like a dear friend i always have to look out for." he teased.

"dear friend." she repeated her words before pursing her lips.

"another one." he suddenly changed the subject.

"the letter?" she asked.

"yep, and im sure its the same person again." he observed the plain envelope.

"what does it say anyway?" she asked trying to look over.

"how much they like me." he smirked as if he had won.

"cliché. who would like you." she playfully scoffed.

"at least i've got a secret admirer unlike you." he pulled the letter towards him so she couldn't even take a glance.

"whatever whatever." she shook her head.

____________________

dear heeseung,

january 28th, 2017

here i am again. writing to you.

today was a rather long day.

i don't know. maybe because our class was playing truth or dare and someone had asked you if you liked someone and you answered  'yes'.

i mean, i saw it coming.

it's belle right?

you answered yes whilst looking at her. although i was sitting near belle, a slight part of me hoped you were looking at me... but then again, we are nothing more than friends.

it kind of numbed me because within the process of trying to get over you, it was as if im only running in circles.

repeating the cycle over and over again.

never ending for there was no exit in the first place.

later that day, our friend went around to the girls asking the same question repetitively to each person.

'do you have someone you like?' he asked me.

i looked at you whilst thinking. how could i not when i have developed a long-term crush on you.

and so i nodded.

i shouldn't have.

i was supposed to be getting over you, not hoping for the impossibles.

but don't worry, i got this.

i'll try harder.

yours truly,
🌷

____________________