letter 5,

on july 1st . . .
he knew what was going to wait for him today.

it was the first day of the month meaning a new mysterious letter would greet him in his locker. and so, he decided to arrive at school earlier than usual, hoping to catch the culprit behind all this.

as he waited on the side, staring at his locker at the empty corridor, a sudden voice had taken him by surprise.

"who are we spying on?" she asked in a softer tone incase the 'person' he was spying on would hear her.

"oh my goodness." he quickly stood up straight to turn to face her. "when were you behind me?"

"like just a few moments ago. you looked serious so i was curious." she looked at the direction he was initially staring at.

"i was trying to find my secret admirer." he pulled her close to him, back to hiding position.

"wait what?" she tried to back away but only led to his grip being tightened.

"shhh." he placed his spare hand on her head as if it would settle her down.

despite supposedly waiting for the culprit to slip the letter into his locker, he took a moment to look at his friend beside him being held captivated.

"how long are we-" she asked whilst turning her head before suddenly stopping. "w-why are you looking at me like this?" she double blinked.

"you look pretty today." he casually replied causing her to be in a rather flustered state.

"a-are you sick?" she reached out to his forehead to compare temperatures only to find out he was fine.

"yeah. lovesick." he teased resulting in her finally backing away.

"i'm going to be possessed soon." she walked away towards their lockers.

"im joking!" he laughed out loud whislt also walking towards his locker. "your reactions are priceless."

"yeah um, never again. thought i was going to gag soon." she dramatically shuddered. "what a flirt."

"im practicing so i can say those words to my secret admirer. " he said as he unlocked his locker.

"you dont even know her?" she stated in a rather questionable tone.

"doesn't matter. she seems cute and the way she expresses herself interest me." his eyes adverted towards the awaited letter.

she only nodded until he spoke again.

"wow i guess i should come even earlier next time." he reached out to the letter.

"all fun games until you realise she's not your type." she joked dryly.

"hm maybe. i mean i do like someone right now and she's my type." he slipped the lettet in his bag.

"who?" she asked with anticipation.

"someone you know quite well." he smirked, squishing her cheeks just before walking off.

" *tch* what a flirt." she muttered under her breath.

_____________________

dear heeseung

march 1st, 2017

so um, today i sent you the letter.

well more of secretly slipping it in and running off so you wouldn't catch me.

to be honest, i dont recall what i wrote in the very first letter around the end of last year, but i hope it wasn't too cringey.

i didn't even bother reading it since i had already taped it and didn't want to ruin the envelope.

anyway, i watched you pick up the letter and thank goodness you didnt throw it away like trash because that would've hurt my ego so much haha!

i actually regretted slipping it to you half way as i saw your confused expression because, why was i indirectly and anonymously confessing to you?

felt bad because what if you thought you were being played?

but trust me, i really do like you.

i couldn't see you read the actual letter but maybe it was better that way. i guess i should feel grateful you didnt ignore it on spot.

nothing of the blues happened today but you made me very happy.

maybe a bit too happy.

sucks knowing it's temporary if it's you and i.
but nevertheless, thanks for being the reason i look forward for the everyday.

stay hydrated! its hot these days.

yours truly,
🌷

__________________