3. Interactive Exhibition

I'm not a saint, nor am I one for smooth edges
when I'm around, calamity comes out to play.

»»----- ★ -----««

Jack gives a victorious smile and I turn my back on him and go the opposite way back to where we left off. He follows me and when I stop he faces me.

I start with the ready phrases that I am forced to say at the beginning of every tour:

"Welcome to the new Manchester City Stadium Tour, the most immersive experience in Premier League football..."

"You know there's only me here, right?" he lets out a laugh. "You can speak in the singular."

"It's the custom." I roll my eyes and he continues laughing. "May I continue?"

"Yes, but just talk to me."

I continue the speech as if I had not been interrupted. I decide to adopt the singular so that he won't interrupt me anymore. These ninety minutes are going to be very long.

Before I actually start, I give a brief mandatory safety introduction covering emergency procedures and basic safety information that Jack listens to as if it were a football match. I try all the time not to look at him, just to focus on the words of the ready speech that I have to repeat almost every day.

"There is a surprise at every step! So I gently ask you to pay attention and follow me so that you don't get lost." I start to walk towards the interactive exhibition room, but stop and look back because Jack has not moved. "Jack! You are supposed to follow me!"

"Of course." He starts walking. "No need to ask twice, Jojocat."

"Are you paying attention?"

"At your mouth? Of course. What you were saying? Maybe not."

A smile appears at the right corner of his mouth. My God, why me?

"Every area we went through will be brought to life with interesting stories, facts, and anecdotes..." I snort tiredly. "Can't we just skip this nonsense? You must already know everything, and if you don't, you will."

"Not really, if you skip the introductions you will just show me around, so our time on the tour will be shorter."

That's just the idea. I think.

"You're not even paying attention."

"I told you I am." He crosses his arms at chest height, contracting every muscle. What the hell! Why does he have to be so strong?

"This is more than just a stadium tour, this unique experience brings the magic of the city to life!"

"I'm pretty sure it's really going to be more than a stadium tour..." He whispers and whistles. I ignore him one more time because if I give way to every stupid thing Jack says I won't get out of here today.

"The first stop is the screening room." I stop at the door because this is usually the protocol. Stop for people to go in first and then after everyone is inside, I go in to give more explanations, but Jack doesn't do that. He stops right behind me and I feel his chest collide with my back." Jack! You don't have to stand so close to me."