A year ago.

A year ago,
We had been friends for a year already. We talked regularly. We would stay up until 1:45 talking to each other on a school night.
I can remember that it was spring break, and I had my blinds open, but not my window, and the moon was bright, and I had been silently laughing from our conversation for hours. I can remember how we always used to talk like that.
I remember when you were the new kid in school, and I introduced myself, and we have been best friends ever since.
I remember that in science you didn't want to fart near anyone at the table so you would go to the door, or act like you were sharpening your pencil and do it over there.
I remember making funny faces at you while you were presenting your element. And you did the same. Neither of us messed up, but we did come back to our table and start laughing with each other.
I remember that first day of wrestling practice. Everyone was astonished that a girl would wrestle. (And beat guys). And you thought it was the greatest thing ever. You were proud to have me as a best friend. As I was proud to have you as mine.
I remember when you got a hole in your jammer for swim. You ripped your pair right before another friend of ours had ripped his too. It was a bad day to be in the pool.
You don't know this yet, but I'm planning something kind of special for your birthday this year. Our birthdays are only fifteen days apart. And we will both be turning, wait for it, fifteen. I'm planning something for each day. Cheesy? Yes. Special? Yes. Stupid? Possibly. But you can see the effort that I'm putting in.
Two years ago,
We had just became friends. I am so glad that I asked for your number for the partner project. I can remember it by heart. Only because I needed to type it in manually when I wanted to text you. I really like calling you now. I get to type in the number that you have me. It's special I guess.
Currently,
We are still best friends, of two and a half years, and we still support each other in sports and support each other's families, and I absolutely love it. You and your family are nothing but amazing.
And I like how your four year old sister comes running up to me when I stop by. And your two year old brother does that too. I find it really adorable. And then you try to imitate both of them and we both start to laugh. And how your nineteen year old sister really likes me coming over a lot. We follow this process every time. Maybe with another sibling here or there. But mostly. The same process. Your family is absolutely amazing, friendly, and lovely in every way shape and form.