7|Get Along Better|

Vada Jewel Jones

*Ding Dong*

The doorbell rang and I decided to go answer it.

"It's coo, I got it," I said.

"Who is it?" I asked.

no response.

"Who?"

no response.

I got tired of the suspense and opened the door to reveal..

"Kenny?"

"Wassgood sis I-"

I rushed him with a hug, not believing his presence.

"I'm just happy you here." I said finally letting him go.

He came in and I closed the door behind him as we walked into the dining room. 

"Let me fix you a plate before we catch up." I said, going into the kitchen to get him a plate together.

"Wassup Kenny, how you doin?" Kai said, greeting him while food was still in his mouth. 

"Im doin good, you her boyfriend or sumn?" I heard Kenny ask.

Kai chuckled, but before answering, Kilo joined in and said, "Them muhfuckas damn near married, but wassgood im Kilo, first draft pick for the Chicago Bulls and Kai's brother, who you?" 

 Placing the plate in front of Kenny, I sat next to him. 

"Im Kenny,Vada's brother but I go by Tyrell fr." I looked at him in question. 

"Hmm, aint know she had a brotha-" Kilo said with food in his mouth. 

"Tyrell? where that come from?" I asked, changing the subject, Kilo can talk all day.

"Needed a name to gain respect in the streets, went with that. " He said. 

I noticed Kai and Kilo's plates was close to finish and Kilo took their plates in the kitchen. "We gone start our day, give yall time to catch up." Kai said. 

He walked over to me and kissed my cheek, "I love you."

"I love you too." I assured him as they both left the dining room. 

"So tell me, you okay?" I asked. 

He took a bite of eggs and washed it down with the apple juice beside him. 

"Shit, long story short, im okay. Lil mall job be fun, I can talk to people my age and have some..... sort of balance. I got a fake last name in the system so im in the clear from anything tracing to me. I slang but Im not really tryna be in that shit no more Vay, this been my life since I was 9, im tired." He said, struggling to get his words out. 

"Im sorry to hear that, I know its hard making a way out of no way. You welcome to stay with us as long as you want too, its a guest room here. You can keep yo mall job and stop slanging." I said. 

He nodded his head, "Ion need no hand outs."

"I know, but you need love. You was there for me when I needed you, and now ima do my part. Im sorry for the time we missed." I said, genuinely. 

He nodded his head and took another bite of his food. 

"So where is Brasi and Darren?" I asked. 

"Shit they some pimps. Brasi lead everything and Darren just lets the money roll in. Them niggas starvin doe honestly. Ain't no money in that shit." He said. 

I shook my head, disgusted in them both but what shall I expect from the devil's soldiers. 

"Im just happy we found eachother after all this time." I said, smiling. 

"Yeah, what you been on though? Yo nigga a rapper and shit, brotha a hooper, yall got legal money over here." He said, looking around the house.

"I mean it aint all good-" I started, filling him in on everything from  Lawrence to Kai and I going to Mexico, including the miscarriage.

"Im sorry you went through that shit sis, yall still in the game? And im happy you popped Lawrence ass, I aint like that nigga since the day we met his mad ass at Game Stop." He chuckled.

"Its not okay, but I will be. On the other hand, Kai done with the drug game, its all about the music foreal but he does have close ties. But more about you, you wanna go back to school?" I asked.

He smiled but it soon faded, "Im 16 with a 3rd grade level of completion. I rather just study some shit and take my GED at 18, ain't like im getting into college." He said.

"Baby bro, anything possible. But I understand, whatever makes you happy. " I smiled, standing up and hugging him.

"Fasho." He smiled, going back to his food.

"Help yourself to more if you like, im bout to run upstairs and throw some clothes on so we can get you settled in." I said and he nodded, standing up and helping himself to the kitchen.

Walking into me and Kai'jai room, I found him just laying in the bed scrolling through Tik Toks. 

"You good baby?" He asked, looking up from his phone. 

"Yeah im good, finna get dressed, you should too. Where Kilo go?" I asked.

"He out with his agent getting things together, we probably wont see much of him anymore, my nigga really got drafted." He said proudly but kinda sad. 

" All for good reason, at least he'll be in and out of Chicago more." I said, putting on some bleached jeans and a black t with the black and white space jams. My hair is still in a messy bun so I left it be and put on my every day jewelry. 

"Type shit, Im ready to leave Chicago though, all that shit at the signing party was like Mexico again, im ready for some peace ma. Maybe a vacation?" He asked, getting up, I realized he was fully dressed for the day. 

"Im not gone lie, I was just thinking the same thing. I was just talking to Kenny- I mean, Tyrell and I think a vacation is the best thing and HeFreeToStayWithUsForAWhile." I rushed out all at once. 

"Lol, baby he can stay here as long as he need to. I know you have been waiting to find him, he's family." He said, pulling me into a hug. 

I smiled as I buried my face into his chest, taking in the moment.

Through all the shit I've been through, to have my brother back and for him to forgive me is the best thing. I never imagined ever be this happy. Things are actually looking up for me, I just hope it stays this way.  

*Knock*Knock*

"Who is it?" I heard Tyrell call out.

"The police, we have a few questions, open up!"

Letting Kai'Jai go, my emotions did a tornado through my heart....... WHAT THE FUCK!

-

-

-

-

xoxo

Rashyah

YO FAVORITE AUTHOR IS BACKKKKKKKKKKK
sorry for the filler chapter>_<

we bout to get back into the messy ups and downs of the thug fantasys.

COMMENT-SHARE-VOTE

-

-

-