18.

When Raavi got up the next morning, Shiva was already gone. She rushed down, hoping to catch up to him and talk him out of this divorce idea but he was already gone. Dhara told her he left early. Raavi went to her room and started crying. Without Shiva, this room didn't feel like her own room. Everything there reminded her of Shiva, the swing, the lights which he had put up, the cupboard which he wasn't ready to give up, the bed, the pillows, the blanket... Without Shiva, this was just a storeroom.

She touched his side of the bed which was now cold. Hugging their blanket, she cried. It was their marital bed. How could she sleep here alone? She realised she couldn't sleep without Shiva. She'd gotten used to him sleeping next to her. That time when she slept in his arms at the hotel, she'd gotten the best sleep ever. Now she couldn't go back to sleeping alone.

Raavi opened the cupboard to take out her clothes, but it seemed so empty without Shiva's clothes. He fought with her since day one to keep his share in the cupboard, but yesterday, he just removed with clothes without saying anything to her. She liked to see his clothes hanging with her clothes. Every time, Shiva discarded his clothes for the day, Raavi would smell it for that wonderful fragrance of tel and masale, which she once hated. Now, she couldn't live without that smell.

Their marriage picture which she'd selected, she touched the frame. Only now she got the perfect explanation as to why she loved it so much. It was Shiva's eyes and his arms tying the mangalsutra around her neck. Everything about him was so protective. That's why she felt so happy and calm whenever she saw this picture. It would always make her feel protected and cared for. It didn't matter she was crying in the picture. Shiva was there with her. As usual.

Everything in this room reminded her of Shiva. How dare he shift out of their room then? She couldn't stay in this room without him. She bought the swing for him, because she saw how much he wanted it. It was clearly written in his eyes. She sat on the swing. It was where he sat whenever he was in a playful mood. She had ruined everything and she had no idea how to fix it.

Then she got an idea. She could call Sanjana. That girl had answers for everything, and she clearly knew what marriage meant, even more than she knew. Raavi picked up her phone and dialled Sanjana's number.

"Hello?" Sanjana picked up.

Raavi couldn't help but cry. She had no idea where to start the conversation or what to say.

"Raavi tu thik hai? Kya hua?" Sanjana asked.

"Shiva... woh mujhe divorce dena chahta hai." She sobbed. "Main...main kya karu?"

"Divorce? Par kyu? Kuch hua hai na tum dono ke beech? Aise nikal gaye the mujhe doubt tha. Shiva ne kuch kiya kya?" Sanjana asked.

"Nahi.. no galti meri thi. Maine bohot galat bol diya use. Sanjana divorce kaise roku? Uske bina nahi reh sakti. Sab kuch uski yaad dilata hai. Main Shiva ke bina nahi jee paungi. Bohot takleef ho rahi hai mujhe." Raavi cried.

"Yeh jo tu mujhe keh rahi hai Shiva ko keh." Sanjana said.

"Shiva bohot gussa hai. Aur hurt hai. Sab meri wajah se aur ab meri baat bhi nahi sun raha. Woh divorce lawyer ke paas jayega aaj. Kaise roku main use?"

"Raavi, tu Shiva se baat kar. Samjha use ki tu usse bohot pyaar karti hai. Woh jhat se maan jayega. I know because I know he loves you. Maine uski aankhon mein dekha hai tere liye pyaar."

"Pyaar? Main usse pyaar nahi..." Raavi couldn't finish the sentence because reality hit her hard. Over these few days she had fallen in love with her husband.

"Gadheri mat ban. Karti hai tu usse pyaar. Warna aise roti nahi. Agar bina pyaar ki shaadi hoti toh tujhe itni takleef nahi hoti." Sanjana said.

"Main pyaar karti hu Shiva se?" Raavi felt faint and she held the chain of the swing tightly. "Main Shiva se pyaar... main itni stupid kaise ho sakti hu Sanjana? Humari shaadi mein pyaar hai aur main samajh hi nahi payi. Roti rahi ki mujhe kabhi woh pyaar nahi milega, jabki pyaar mere aankhon ke saamne tha."