1.2

this chapter kinda talks about the whole zayn ordeal but in a positive way-- hope i didn't upset you guys. enjoy!

"We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!"

Our school choir was caroling at local charities and soup kitchens due to the fact that Christmas was in three days. Jo and I had gone with the rest of our group to pass out presents to parents who can't afford gifts for their kids this year. Even if it's just a coloring book or a new pair of shoes, these parents were so happy to come pick up bags of toys and clothes for their children, and that made my entire holiday. Jo and I decided to go to the mall after we were done to finish off our shopping. I still hadn't bought anything for Harry, and I honestly didn't know what to get him. It wasn't like we were still friends and I could get him a white t-shirt or a new pair of sunglasses. Jo and I went to seven different stores and we bought gifts for everyone... everyone except for Harry. I got my mother earrings and a blue scarf and Jo got her mom a necklace and a framed picture of her family.

We bought presents for the rest of our friends. Presents such as jewelry, copies of favorite books, and clothes. My budget was $150, but I went over by about $28, and I guess that was okay.

After deciding that I am the worst girlfriend ever because I can't even find my boyfriend a good gift, we went to Burger King and got something to eat.

"Are you gonna finish those fries?" Jo asked, taking one last bite of her burger.

"No, you can have them," I laughed and slid the tray with leftover french fries toward her. She dipped them in her ice cream and popped them into her mouth, something that she once thought was gross, is now one of her favorite snacks.

"So, you still don't know what you wanna get Harry?"

I shook my head and looked out the window to the store across the street, and that's when it hit me. "Wait, look over there," I pointed to the glass window and she looked at me like I had five heads.

"What, the skirt? I don't think he'll like that very much." She laughed at herself and I just shook my head.

"No, not the skirt you doof, next to it."

"Oh my God, oh my God, you're so smart. He will love that."

We hurried out of our seats and threw out our food wrappers. She made me wait in the line again so that she could order another sundae, and truth is, I just wanted to get across the isle to buy him his gift and go home. Jo and I went over after she bought her ice cream, and bought his gift. We headed down to the Help Center where they wrapped up his gift and then we went home. I called the rest of the girls over and we made Christmas cookies and watched holiday movies for a few hours. It was three in the morning and we were still watching 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' and eating tree-shaped cookies. We wrapped most of our gifts and put them all under the tree.

"So what's been up girls?" I lifted my head from the couch pillow and looked around, everyone was asleep except for Ellie, and she was tearing up.

"Hey, hey what's wrong, El?" I asked walking over to her.

"Nothing, I'm okay, seriously." She sobbed with her hands coversing her eyes.

"Is it Zayn? Are you okay?"

She nodded her head, "He broke up with me."

"Why, what happened?"

"He's moving to Maine for senior year and I honestly just miss him so much. I don't wanna get over him. He's been there for me in the worst times. I've always been able to rely on him for anything. Zayn wasn't just my boyfriend, he was my best friend, and even though I've had other boyfriends, he was my first real love. Now he's gonna leave and I miss him so much I don't know what to do." Ellie hugged my waist and cried into my shoulder. I rubbed her head for a little while until she calmed down a bit.